PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Default RE: H3 Leveling Kit

In my personal opinion, you don't need to align for a moderate adjustment of say 1/2-3/4 like you mentioned. I adjusted our tahoe up that much with NO, ZERO, ill effects on the tires wear etc. without any alignment at all. We drove it that way for years with no ill efffects.

Besides, if you measure your suspension right now, and then drive it down the raod, and re-check it, the numbers will be slightley different. They will remain in the same ballpark, but will constantly find a place to settle etc. the same can be said if you adjust the bars, and then drive it and re-check the measurement,.. it will be different than what you adjusted to. The IFS is always sitting in a range, vs. being at a constant height.

When you adjust it, don't bother with re-checking constantly, it will only aggrivate you, as it will seem that it's dropping etc. Only to adjust some more to find out that now it's way up. Just measure one side, adjust out the lift you want (1/2" - 3/4") and turn the other side the same number of turns, and leave it be. The reason I say that is like I mentioned. You can take it for a test run, and it will measure close to what you started at, and then you adjust, and drive it again, only to find out that now it's 1 1/4" taller than it was stock. Go with your first measurement, and adjust to the lift you want, and leave it be. The numbers constantly change... stock or adjusted.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:41 AM

Can anyone tell me what size socket I need to turn these guys?

SK

Old 08-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you for that info. It is much appreciated. I took a pic of the bolt and want to make sure this is, in-fact, what I'm supposed to turn. That being said, do I turn clockwise for higher, counter for lower, or opposite?

Also, a rough estimate: how many 1/2 turns or 1/4 turns to an inch of hieght? What would you estimate the ratio of complete turns/ fractional turns to inches? Once again I appreciate the help.

After I take my H3 in to get the jack and the CV boot checked on Monday, I'm going to attempt this adjustment. I know it's a piece of cake, but just want to make sure.

Here is the pic of what I THINK is the bolt:

[IMG]local://upfiles/863/B85CE48FF3CE4304BA28DB019591D900.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-04-2006, 11:01 PM

That is the bolt. Turn it clockwise to raise, and counterclockwise to lower. If you forget which way to turn, if there is high resistance that gets strunger or stays the same, you are turning the right way. If it gets less, you are going the wrong way. As far as turns to lift. I have no idea. I turned mine 2.5 turns on each side and left it with that. I believe I gained an inch out of that.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:39 PM

Strunger, huh?

Hey Linus..good to see you.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:56 AM

You say stronger, I say strunger. You say tomato, and I say tomato. You say potato, and I say spud.

Thanks Dennis, it's good to be back.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:28 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

If I knew there was another Hummerguy, I wouldn't have choose this name trust me I really didn't look too much through the names before I signed up, but Name Thief sounds fun. I wonder if I can change it......

anyway, Alignment, or no Alignment? Did you?
Don't worry about the name thing I was just yankin your chain, No alignment here and I have about a 1 5/8 lift.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:52 AM

I just had my H3 leveled. I went with the rear end lowering kit. I contacted Yah-Ya-Hay & Off Road in Lewisville, TX. The parts, shipping and instillation ran about $300. Measuring from the ground to the undereside of the finder-well, the front is about 3/4" lower than the back. The ride is great and there are no handleing problems. If I have not measured it i would not have know it was not completely level. The look of the vehicle is still good with the space above the wheels.

Old 08-06-2006, 09:09 AM

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 08-06-2006, 10:53 AM

I agree. When I figure out how to put them on here I'll do just that.

Quick Reply: H3 Leveling Kit