PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

h3 key stuck in ignition what can i do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Default RE: my h3 dont want shift

Interesting, hmm I don't know, maybe try to disconnect the battery and put it back on, move the shifter back and forth. Just play with it, it might work. Good luck!

Old 11-11-2007, 09:55 PM

I try it i remove the battery i cant move the car the shifter is locked i cant move the **** to drive i cant

Old 11-11-2007, 10:47 PM

Will it start? Can you still drive it? If you can drive it, drive it around and try again. [/align]

Old 11-12-2007, 03:10 AM

I had this problem too. Unfortunately in my case, I could start, shift, and drive ... all without issue. Just the key wouldn't come out, and the wipers wouldn't work.

In my case, I had to make sure the battery was charged, then I checked the fuses and found the bad one. I cannot remember the fuse number at this writing, but it might have been the wiper fuse. (Fuse functions are listed in the owner's manual and on the lid of the fuse box.)

I feel your pain. I have a new H3 "still" under warranty in the States but overseas it doesn't mean sh*t.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:19 AM

Could be a broblem with the brake switch. Are the brake lights working? Also by this point your battery is probably dead. Be sure it has enough of acharge that the interlock will release.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: alrock

Will it start? Can you still drive it? If you can drive it, drive it around and try again. [/align]
yes the car starts , i cant drive because the shifter is locked i cant push the buttom to down to drive i cant the rear wiper is on i cant turn off the 1 hazard light is dead one headlamp light too ? i try with good battery the same thing

Old 11-12-2007, 12:23 PM

i found the front wiper fuse broke i remplace the fuse still have the problems its possible have this problem because my car have dead one headlamp n side marker dead? the signals n hazard front right is dead its possible?

Old 11-12-2007, 12:51 PM

Have you or someone been doing any electrical work on the H3 which could have introduced an electrical short (e.g., anything with the lights)?

If your rear wiper is functioning / moving, and you cannot switch it off -- that is sounding like a faulty rear wiper switch.

When I was referring to wipers not working in conjunction with the key stuck -- it was the front wipers. I believe the sun roof is also on that circuit.

I hope you have a whole lot of correct amperage fuses at your disposal.

You could do the following:

- (optional) check the state of all your fuses removing any bad one
- remove ALL the fuses controlling the systems that are giving you problems, e.g., rear wiper
- look at the fuse for the FRONT wipers / sun roof and replace this one first
- did it not blow? do your front wipers / sun roof work? can you move the shifter and/or remove the key?
- Slowly replace one fuse at a time, and check that system for problems before moving on to the next fuse.
- If any fuse blows when you reinstall and test that system -- then there is probably a fault with that system.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:03 PM

Have you or someone been doing any electrical work on the H3 which could have introduced an electrical short (e.g., anything with the lights)?NO

If your rear wiper is functioning / moving, and you cannot switch it off -- that is sounding like a faulty rear wiper switch. yes i remove the fuse to turn off the rear wiper

When I was referring to wipers not working in conjunction with the key stuck -- it was the front wipers. I believe the sun roof is also on that circuit.

I hope you have a whole lot of correct amperage fuses at your disposal. I WILL CHECK ALL FUSE AMPS

You could do the following:

- (optional) check the state of all your fuses removing any bad one
- remove ALL the fuses controlling the systems that are giving you problems, e.g., rear wiper I DID
- look at the fuse for the FRONT wipers / sun roof and replace this one first I ALREADY CHANGE THE BLOW FUSE OF FR WIPERS
- did it not blow? FRONT WIPER FUSE BLOW I REMPLACE IT do your front wipers / sun roof work? YES WORKS
can you move the shifter and/or remove the key? I CANT MOVE THE SHIFTER IS LOCKED AT ALL
- Slowly replace one fuse at a time, and check that system for problems before moving on to the next fuse. OK I WILL
- If any fuse blows when you reinstall and test that system -- then there is probably a fault with that system. OK

[/quote]
SIR I HAVE QUESTION I DONT HAVE CONNECTED THE FOG LIGHTS N ONE HEADLAMP BULB BLOW N TURN SIGNAL BLOW TOO ITS NECESSARY REMPLACE THE BULBS TO TRY THE SHIFTER ?

Old 11-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

This may be a dumb question, but have you tried to turn your steering wheel left and right, and make sure the steering wheel isn't locking your key in the hole because it's turned too much?

Try to wiggle your steering wheel back and forth and turning the key to take it out. See if that works.

Quick Reply: h3 key stuck in ignition what can i do?