PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 inventories, 411 and falling

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 06:07 PM

It's not jealousy there kid. It's the fact that the gubment did something as stupid and unconstitutional as taking over two car companies. So yes it is gubment motors. It dosent matter if the prez is left or right, if they do something like a gubment bailout for a bank or an investment company or a car company than they are simply wrong. Yes it would have been far better to have GM and MOPAR go into bankruptcy and been able to truly restructure. Giving them a handout from the gubment has just kicked the can down the road and there is still a severe underlying problem with their business models.

And if there were no more Hummer toys then we' d simply find something else. But my H3 isn't a toy, its a dd for work.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:16 PM

At any rate, perhaps GM is saving the last few for heritage and museum collections.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Banned

s GM is saving the last few for heritage and museum collections. __________________
i dont think those would show up on yahoo inventory,,,but i also dont know what does!,,i just post the number. its stuck at 12.

it may never be official, you know the last living unOWNED! h3

Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
i dont think those would show up on yahoo inventory,,,but i also dont know what does!,,i just post the number. its stuck at 12.

it may never be official, you know the last living unOWNED! h3
Heck, there are Grand Nationals out there in dealer inventories that are still new.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by NIUPonyBoy
It's not jealousy there kid. It's the fact that the gubment did something as stupid and unconstitutional as taking over two car companies. So yes it is gubment motors. It dosent matter if the prez is left or right, if they do something like a gubment bailout for a bank or an investment company or a car company than they are simply wrong. Yes it would have been far better to have GM and MOPAR go into bankruptcy and been able to truly restructure. Giving them a handout from the gubment has just kicked the can down the road and there is still a severe underlying problem with their business models.

And if there were no more Hummer toys then we' d simply find something else. But my H3 isn't a toy, its a dd for work.
I highly doubt you know anything about GM's "underlying business model" or anything that goes on behind the closed doors of the board room. I don't think you have "all the answers" of how GM and Chrysler "should have done it". If you know so much about how a bankruptcy should be handled, then why aren't you working for GM or Chrysler as their chief financial officer??

I still find your use of the term "gubment" highly offensive since is seems to make fun of the people who live in slums and pronounce 'government' as 'gubment'. The term "government motors" is also offensive since it degrades the hard work that many auto workers and engineers put in every day -- I know many white colar engineers at GM and Chrysler that put in 60 plus hours a week and only get paid for 40hrs. The government has NOTHING to do with the design of the products that are coming out right now -- if you think they do, you are very misinformed; the current products were in the design pipeline 4 years ago and are just launching now.

I still think John McCain would have handled it better -- he would have had Rick Wagoner file for bankruptcy in January without giving an additional $30B in loans to keep the business going til June. I don't think McCain would have let them go into liquidation, but would have financed the bankruptcy just the same. GM would be 6 months further ahead than they are now in that scenario.

Probably most of us on this site are Americans and we need to stick together --- Toyota loves the "government motors" label that GM is trying to shake; let's not give the makers of the "Fake Jeep" and "runaway cars" what they want.

Hope I didn't sound too offensive to you -- just venting about something that is a pet peeve to me. Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Last edited by joewcob3; 12-21-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: better way of stating a point
Old 12-21-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by joewcob3
The government has NOTHING to do with the design of the products that are coming out right now -- if you think they do, you are very misinformed
Wrong. Safety, emissions, and more importantly mpg requirements by the gov play a big part in vehicle design. I know that's not what you were referring to, but the gov't can effectively regulate out of existence vehicles like Hummers. Not saying that's what happened, but gov't regulations for good or bad combined with the rising fuel costs have had a negative impact on large SUVs.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by skeptic
Wrong. Safety, emissions, and more importantly mpg requirements by the gov play a big part in vehicle design. I know that's not what you were referring to, but the gov't can effectively regulate out of existence vehicles like Hummers. Not saying that's what happened, but gov't regulations for good or bad combined with the rising fuel costs have had a negative impact on large SUVs.
Dooohhhh -- you are right about that one. CAFE stinks!!! I think that if the Obama administration had their way, they would crush every H2 and H3 they could buy putting a GVWR limit on personal vehicles (I have heard rummors on that -- they want to limit the GVWR for any vehicle a person owns that is not used for supporting/running a business. That beast, Pelosi, thinks it's a great idea)

Funny thing -- even though fuel costs are rising to $3/gallon, pickup sales and large SUV sales are still doing better than a year ago. Maybe we have been conditioned to accept higher fuel prices??? But, I don't care what fuel prices go to -- there is NO WAY the government will every get me out of a 4x4 with a full frame...additional gas tax or not!! Joe does not do compact cars. Joe does not do unibody. Joe likes snow!

Old 12-22-2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by joewcob3
I highly doubt you know anything about GM's "underlying business model" or anything that goes on behind the closed doors of the board room. I don't think you have "all the answers" of how GM and Chrysler "should have done it". If you know so much about how a bankruptcy should be handled, then why aren't you working for GM or Chrysler as their chief financial officer??

I still find your use of the term "gubment" highly offensive since is seems to make fun of the people who live in slums and pronounce 'government' as 'gubment'. The term "government motors" is also offensive since it degrades the hard work that many auto workers and engineers put in every day -- I know many white colar engineers at GM and Chrysler that put in 60 plus hours a week and only get paid for 40hrs. The government has NOTHING to do with the design of the products that are coming out right now -- if you think they do, you are very misinformed; the current products were in the design pipeline 4 years ago and are just launching now.

I still think John McCain would have handled it better -- he would have had Rick Wagoner file for bankruptcy in January without giving an additional $30B in loans to keep the business going til June. I don't think McCain would have let them go into liquidation, but would have financed the bankruptcy just the same. GM would be 6 months further ahead than they are now in that scenario.

Probably most of us on this site are Americans and we need to stick together --- Toyota loves the "government motors" label that GM is trying to shake; let's not give the makers of the "Fake Jeep" and "runaway cars" what they want.

Hope I didn't sound too offensive to you -- just venting about something that is a pet peeve to me. Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!
Yes, I do have an idea of how gubment motors is still doing business. If you simply look at their public records for their legacy costs and moronic union deals than you will see the business model that got them in the mess in the first place has changed very little. You don't have to be in the board room or the oval office to see that.

If your skin is so thin you are offended that some one calls a car company owned by the government; gumbent motors than may I sincerely suggest unplugging the computer and only watching the Teletubbies. By doing that it has nothing with the workers there, but the bailout. Besides the terrible contracts with the evil UAW are a big part of the problem. And no one has said that the gubment bean counters are the designers at GM, it's GM's bean counters and blind design team that has coughed out so many ugly things. However, these moronic gubment mandates are a factor in everything for all car makers. The CAFE crap and safety standards impact everything they make.

There is no chance McCain would have handled it differently. For one President Bush asked incoming President Obama would he wanted to do about the "too big to fail" companies and banks and he (W) did that. Now I can appreciate his decorum in that matter by asking the guy who's problem it was going to be what he (Obama) wanted, but it was still his watch. He shouldn't have violated his principles like he did. One of my only real but huge gripes with President Bush. I bring that up because the atmosphere when this was all happening was one of absolute panic. No one knew was coming and they were all buying into the 'doomsday' scenario. The bailouts of the banks and investment firms was wholly wrong and TARP and all these idiot stimulus' have done nothing to help the econmy recover. McCain was right along most of the others saying these were needed. They weren't. About the only thing that may have been done better by McCain than Obama is perhaps sticking to a PAYGO pledge. The libs introduced and then completely ditched it in favor of their unsustainable and unconstitutional spending sprees. But he has gotten more conservative since the mid term elections.

And yes, allowing GM and MOPAR to go into bankruptcy would have been the best thing for both companies. Then thay could have properly reorganized and spun off debt in a bankruptcy court not reinvested debt nor gotten a 'get out of jail free' card with out tax dollars. Can you honestly sit there and say that giving a private business tax dollars is a good and honest thing? Constitutional? And how is it ok to give the evil unions that helped caused the mess stock in said company, just so they can have more idiotic control over the company. But by the mere fact that the Government of the United States of America has taken preferred stock in exchange for the handing over of tax payer money is the exact perfect reason to call it Gubment Motors.

What are you talking about American's sticking together? If America wants to save itself it needs to stop buying union made cars. I do my small part by never buying a new car made by union labor. I won't give my money directly to those people. If GM can't produce cars and trucks that make people want to buy them that people on websites or the talking heads on tv calling it gubment motors can't be overcome than too bad for GM. They deserve to fail again.

And what is a "fake jeep?" We are all driving fake HMMWV's.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Banned
Default no big party

the inv page stuk at 12 for 2 weeks+ so i guess its over,,,no fanfare,,no balloons,,no fireworks

case closed

Old 12-31-2010, 02:36 PM

Those 12 must be special one offs or museum/heritage pieces I would think.

And it doesn't surprise me that there was no send off, GM really turned it's back on Hummer when it killed it.

Quick Reply: H3 inventories, 411 and falling