PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Hummer 2006 GPS DVD

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Default H3 Hummer 2006 GPS DVD

I have the H3 Year 2006 and my dealer says that I am suppose to get a new GPS DVD version every year but I still haven't received anything yet. Not 2007, nor 2008. I still just have the original. They are closed now so I can't ask them but I will when they open up. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone else has a newer version of the DVD or get's the same or different way?

Also, can I use several different GPS DVD's from different companies or does only one DVD work for the GPS?

Old 07-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Default RE: H3 Hummer 2006 GPS DVD

I think we get 3 updates. They do not come out every year. I think the current one is several years old and I have not heard when a new one would be available. I hope soon. There sure are lots of new roads thatshown or old roads that have changed. New phone numbers that aremissing and businesses that have moved or opened that are not listed.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:14 PM

The deal is you get 2 updates. After about a year you will receive a card in the mail to send in or go to the web site to order a updated disc.. I believe the latest disc is version 5 which is what I have. I added my nav unit so don't get the updates. the web site is https://www.gmnavdisc.com/overview.d...95F4D5E4E9B9E6 Steve

Old 07-23-2007, 10:00 PM

I was told I would receive 3 updated disc's ... but never any time frame as to when they would arrive or be available. I'd preffer to get one soon, and then a bit later on the others to keep the free ones more useful for a few more years. I'm glad they are not sending them out every year.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:43 AM

My DVD says COMMENT=2005 Ver. 4.1;. I would swear that the sales person said 3 updates but is does say in the web page you get 2. It's been 11 months since purchase and I have not received any post card to get a new one. I updated owner information on the web site so maybe I will get something soon. you might need to call to see if you can get a deferred update but the web site makes it seem like it might be take it or leave it on your anniversary. $199.00 if you have to buy one. Wonder if I can make a back-up copy just in case it gets damaged??

Old 07-24-2007, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: cnynctry

My DVDsays COMMENT=2005 Ver. 4.1;. I would swear that the sales person said 3 updates but is does say in the web page you get 2. It's been 11 months since purchase and I have not received any post card to get a new one. I updated owner information on the web site so maybe I will get something soon. you might need to call to see if you can get a deferred update but the web site makes it seem like it might be take it or leave it on your anniversary. $199.00 if you have to buy one. Wonder if I can make a back-up copy just in case it gets damaged??
You can make a copy of the disc. Steve

Old 09-01-2007, 01:35 AM

Well, I got my card (saying I can send for a dvd update for the nav system)via the company that makes the nav disc's. Heres the poop on it as per the card I got:

I'm supposed to get 2 dics's, one a year for two years on the anniv of the purchase date. So, it looks like only 2, I think they count the one that comes in the H3 as the first.. [:@]

The card had a code number, and then it says to also enter the last 8 digits of your VIN for the other number on thier site. Well, I did and it said it was invalid. A call later, and I'm told to enter all of the VIN.. so ignore the "last 8 digit" junk if you get the card. I elected to just do it over the phone at that point since I was already in contact with them. So, my disc should be sent out shortly.
The website is:

www.gmnavdisc.com

They also sell updated disc's when the freebies run out.. of course.

I had hoped they would wait a couple of years between sending the updates, so that the system is more accurate for a longer time. But, you know they want to get them out ASAP so that your system isn't up to date, and therefor you're likely to buy the current versions after the freebies get old.

I guess one could always hold off on requesting the update, but then you stand the chance of them not sending due to being expired (over several years time). It would be my luck that I would wait, ..trying to keep my system updated for a longer time (read: get a disc later on so that it has more of the new raods) just to get told I should asked for it sooner, and end up with nothing. i guess it depends on if you're willing to chance it.

Anyway, just thought I'd post for those interested.

I got my H3 last year in July, so they are pretty much on target for my anniv date.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Default Navigation Update

Does anyone know where to go to get a free navigation update for my 2006 H3
Thanks!

Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bradtina
Does anyone know where to go to get a free navigation update for my 2006 H3
Thanks!
Yeah push your OnStar button and tell them you want to speak to HUMMER Nav support and tell them that your Nav system is taking you off route and tell them you never got an updated Disc and they'll send ya a new one at no charge.. I've been having issues with my Nav telling me i'm in MI while i'm in NC... I've called a couple of times and even calibrated the Nav with no luck... So today when i called OnStar they transferred me to Hummer Nav support and their sending me a new disc