PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 for H2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by kauaineb
no offense taken. i agree you cant compare a truck thats almost twice the size and cost, but offroad, you see the difference. everyone knows smaller and lighter gets you through more trails
is this a jeep forum....lol...cause that statement is on every jeep forum & comes out of every jeep owners mouth on u tube...

Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 AM

ha, thats funny. didnt know that. however i did own an 88 Yj back in the day. loved the straight 6, easy to work on, plenty of room under the hood.... this time the H3 impressed me with the way it drove and GM's closeout discount.
i wont talk smack about hummer or jeep although playing devils advocate is fun.... might be really fun to integrate a jeep and hummer forum...

Old 11-14-2012, 03:51 PM

I vote H3.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 PM

I meant nothing bad by what I said so please do not take it in bad manner! H3's are as I said very nice trucks as I drive one for a week and enjoyed it.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Well actually there are many real reasons why the H2 is better for 4 wheeling.
Reasons being:
The tires are larger/thinker/wider, the trucks wheel base (axel base) is much wider, and most of all the Hummer H2 has the largest/highest clearance of any SUV ever made to date and is a documented fact (except for the H1) Also, if you have the Air-Ride System on the H2 it makes a serious impact as the car self raises and lowers itself when climbing steep hills as it will seriously out perform an normal H2 with out this option. (It is a might pricey one as i believe i had to pay 5 or 6K but also comes with the on-board air compressor) I do like the H3's though as they are much more practical, are NOT serious gas hogs, cheaper to maintain and repair, insurance is cheaper and are great looking trucks and do 4 wheel pretty darn good as i drove one for a week and it was nice!

Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 PM

Not to turn this into an H2 vs H3 arguement..
Originally Posted by schaab86
Well actually there are many real reasons why the H2 is better for 4 wheeling.
Reasons being:
The tires are larger/thinker/wider, the trucks wheel base (axel base) is much wider, and most of all the Hummer H2 has the largest/highest clearance of any SUV ever made to date and is a documented fact (except for the H1) Also, if you have the Air-Ride System on the H2 it makes a serious impact as the car self raises and lowers itself when climbing steep hills as it will seriously out perform an normal H2 with out this option. (It is a might pricey one as i believe i had to pay 5 or 6K but also comes with the on-board air compressor) I do like the H3's though as they are much more practical, are NOT serious gas hogs, cheaper to maintain and repair, insurance is cheaper and are great looking trucks and do 4 wheel pretty darn good as i drove one for a week and it was nice!
Being much bigger with a larger wheelbase and track is not an automatic win. It's more situational and if anything I'd have preferred a smaller more nimble vehicle far more often. It's also worth noting you can get an H3 with a front locker, something I don't believe was available in the H2 (but I'm not 100% positive). Don't get me wrong, the few times I've wheeled with H2s I've been impressed - clearly one of the best offroad vehicles ever made. I just don't agree with your statement that "4 wheeling capabilities and all are just clearly superior in every way humanly imaginable." Honestly, completely stock vs. completely stock I'd rate them about even offroad, each with distinct advantages in certain areas.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:20 PM

I do appreciate all of the great feedback and discussion reads

Old 11-15-2012, 05:01 PM

This is awesome... H3 vs h2 threads?? I can't say either is better as i only have a 3 and have never been in one. But that aside I think i agree with skeptic, and personal opinion is to have the smaller more nimble in trails as tight spots are tight enough with the 3.
My concern was gas mileage when I bought it and tusks being why i chose what i did. I get between 18-22 mpg

Old 11-16-2012, 12:12 AM

skeptic is correct; depends on the conditions, the driver's experience, the equipment on the truck, the type of tires, weight, departure angles and center of mass. the H3 can perform better on narrower trails whereas the H2 can look better cruising the mall parking lot..... lol

Old 11-16-2012, 04:20 PM

All Hummers Rock and don't care if you have an H1, H2 or H3- they are Hummers and r the best period!;-) I would be happy to have any one of the bunch!