PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 for H2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Default H3 for H2?

Hello All,

I've been pondering the idea for quite some time now on trading/selling my 07 Tactical H3 for an H2. I've been eyeing anything from an 03-07 H2 as I like the older interior better. Am I crazy for doing this or should I stay with the H3? I trailer my Mustang Cobra to the track on the weekends but I surely feel the weight back there with the I-5. I figured the H2 would still allow me to trailer the car but also offer a bit more interior space. My H3 is leveled and has 35" tires so the mpg is roughly about 11-12 combined.

The H3 has been bulletproof thus far in the reliability department but wasn't sure if the H2 would perform the same way?!?!? I see a lot of used H2's with surface rust on the frame and various underneath parts. The H3 has held up quite well and hasn't shown much rust at all on the frame. Your thoughts on what I should do? I love my H3 but there's always been some part of me thats wanted to own an H2 as well.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 PM

I would say it's just completely up to you. Personally I like the H3's better than the H2's, but everyone likes something different. I think the condition really is how it was taken care of, especially as far as the rust goes. We live in Ohio, the land of salt and snow and rustbuckets and we drive our H3 all year round and it looks brand new underneath. But we wash it once a week and in the winter we spray it off even more to get the salt off. If you take care of them they will stay nice. If I were buying an H2 or any vehicle I go over them with a fine tooth comb. You can usually tell very quickly if it's been taken care of.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 AM

My deuce spent all of its life in sw missouri and there is no rust anywhere
I think there is no comparison between the 2.
I never cared for the H3 even though I must say that being on this forum changed that somewhat. However I am talking about decked out alpha's that I do like. The in line 5 is not enough oomph for me. Gotta have a V8. However I do like fords V6 twin turbo's for example

Old 11-13-2012, 11:13 AM

H2 and H3 are different vehicles for different people. I don't think there is a valid comparison between the two. My preference is the midsize H3 line, others prefer the H2 - it's all in what you want.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Default Defintely get an H2

In my opinion H3's just do not even compare to an H2 (nothing personal against H3's or those who love and drive them as they are very nice trucks) but H2's are just in a whole different league. The luxury, styling, 4 wheeling capabilities and all are just clearly superior in every way humanly imaginable. . I also believe they will hold their value much more than an H3. I drove an H3 for a week as my Nav system had to be replaced by the dealer and was a nice truck but again just not even close to the same league as an H2. Also, there are so many more customizations that you can do to make them the way you like them but are expensive. The things you need to consider are: H2’s are MUCH more expensive to drive as they are SERIOUS gas hogs (mine gets about 8-9 miles a gallon) plus maintenance and all the parts and labor to fix them is considerably more expensive than an H3. In addition, the insurance is also higher quite a bit higher on them. Again H3’s are very nice trucks but just no comparison to an H2 so if you can afford one, afford to maintain it and gas er' up you definitely need to go there! (Just my opinion and do not want to offend anyone!)

Old 11-13-2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by schaab86
In my opinion H3's just do not even compare to an H2 (nothing personal against H3's or those who love and drive them as they are very nice trucks) but H2's are just in a whole different league. The luxury, styling, 4 wheeling capabilities and all are just clearly superior in every way humanly imaginable. .
I think you may find some who disagree...

Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 PM
rsc

I keep looking at getting an H2 to go with my H3- more power, stronger front end, more space inside and the prices are similar. But, they are wider (and my H3 feels wide enough on the trail already) and I am not a fan of the "Big Luxury Offroad" concept- simpler is better to me. I like the H2, but aside from rear passenger room for 2 teenage boys and one soon to be teen, the H3 really fits my needs better. (Do you think I would get in much trouble with a roof mounted bench seat? Lol)

Old 11-13-2012, 05:10 PM

Ive never seen any real evidence to support the H2 outperforms the H3 in offroad capability, I know it has alot more power but is there anything to really attest to this?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 PM

I'm bias since I own a H2... So please h3 owners dont take my comments personal...a h3 is still a hummer in my book...I work in the car business & see h3's come through the lot so often that I don't even get excited anymore when they come in... A h2 coming through the lot is RARE....I've driven both and would never trade my 2 for a 3...even if it was a Alpha.... when I park next to a h3 my truck towers over it...even before my lift & 40" tires...I also think the H2 is more comfortable inside...the h3 seems too small inside compared to my H2...I also think that someday the H2 will go up in value....don't feel the same way about the h3...except a aha or h3t.... Sorry again if my comments offend...

Old 11-13-2012, 09:45 PM

no offense taken. i agree you cant compare a truck thats almost twice the size and cost, but offroad, you see the difference. everyone knows smaller and lighter gets you through more trails but this is not the question. OP needs to tow and have more space, and if gas consumption is no concern, then the obvious answer is the H2 or the Excursion.