PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H3 exhaust

I actually read this part, all on my own too! If I do this, it won't be for a couple of months. We'll see what the prices are then.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:13 AM

I used the Magnaflow. I just love the tone. I went one step further. I had my exhaust guy take the stock mandrel bent exhaust and cut it apart and use it to get rid of the crushed pipes in the down pipe. Before and after the cat the exhaust is seriously crushed and the piping is real restrictive.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: MountainBlue

I used the Magnaflow. I just love the tone. I went one step further. I had my exhaust guy take the stock mandrel bent exhaust and cut it apart and use it to get rid of the crushed pipes in the down pipe. Before and after the cat the exhaust is seriously crushed and the piping is real restrictive.
Did you notice a change in sound or performance from removing the crushed pipes?

Old 08-31-2006, 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: ChevyHighPerformance

Did you notice a change in sound or performance from removing the crushed pipes?
I noticed a big difference, but I also did the Volant intake and Ariaid TB spacer all at the same time. My wife drove the truck home from the exhaust shop w/o the TB spacer and intake, so I'm not sure about just the exhaust. I drove it after installing the intake and spacer. I think it was worth the extra $$ for the whole setup. Just need an agressive tune and speedo correct for the new tires and I'll be all set!!

Old 08-31-2006, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: ChevyHighPerformance

I noticed a big difference, but I also did the Volant intake and Ariaid TB spacer all at the same time. My wife drove the truck home from the exhaust shop w/o the TB spacer and intake, so I'm not sure about just the exhaust. I drove it after installing the intake and spacer. I think it was worth the extra $$ for the whole setup. Just need an agressive tune and speedo correct for the new tires and I'll be all set!!
Interesting! Thanks for the reply!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:44 AM

Dennis... I'm thinking of buying the same Exhaust Sys for my Rig as you have, and my question is... if i was to remove the tips before going off-roading, would the exhaust pipes clear the bumper enough so they won't get crushed?

Old 02-28-2007, 02:35 PM

Yes, I believe you would have the clearence as long as you don't reverse into a hill..take a look here..see if this helps

Old 02-28-2007, 09:22 PM

Oh Ya.... Appears to have LOTS of clearence....ThanksDennis!!!
Man that is one CLEAN underside... do you even drive it??? Or is this Pic soon after you purshased your Truck, you had the Exhaust Installed??? No Soot in the Tips!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: HumRluvR

Man that is one CLEAN underside... do you even drive it??? Or is this Pic soon after you purshased your Truck, you had the Exhaust Installed??? No Soot in the Tips!!!
They don't call him Mr Clean for nothing!

Old 03-01-2007, 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: HumRluvR

Oh yeah..that was back when it was new..But it don't look much different today

Quick Reply: H3 exhaust