PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 dealer clinic

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Default H3 dealer clinic

I got a letter and made an appointment for a free Hummer H3 clinic at my local Reno dealership.
I spent almost two hours with a trained Hummer mechanic, that now works at the GMC dealership. He answered many questions and we looked at everything under and in the truck with our LED flashlights blazing away. The dealer was closed to regular service and I saw more Hummers than when they were selling them back in the day
It was worth my time for sure.
Has anyone else received such a letter from GM ?

Old 10-30-2012, 12:48 AM

Sadly, No!
Chris

Old 10-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Default I got one from. a Caddy & CHEVY dealer

The dealer(both) said they would come pickup my h3 and give a loaner a free loan on any factory service of warranty work ( yes my H3 still has a factory warranty) I took the Caddy dealer up on it they gave a new Caddy with a full tank of gas for the day

Old 10-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Haven't heard about anything like that. That would be an awesome gesture from GM to do that around the country. My guess would be that the dealer sponsored the event since GM washed it's hands of Hummer a few years back. Hummer owners are the redheaded stepkids of the GM universe. Sad because the typical Hummer owner profile, in my experience, should have been exactly what GM was looking for to target their higher end autos to. Now all we are is a mailing list to be sent "special offers" to for Tahoe and Avalanche promotions.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:01 PM

I'm having a hard time thinking this was just my dealership's idea of a nice gesture.
This rather costly service (for them) must have come from GM and certain dealerships decided to pull the trigger and make it happen.
Bottom line is everyone should take advantage of this, if you can.

I'm still trying to remember all that this GM mechanic told me last week.
As most of you know almost all shops have strict rules on customers in the work bays and especially under a vehicle on a lift.
This mechanic kept telling me, come under here and look at this.
He covered everything from bump stops to differential vent tubes.

I'm still braggin' about this to friends who will listen

Old 10-30-2012, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
I got a letter and made an appointment for a free Hummer H3 clinic at my local Reno dealership.
I spent almost two hours with a trained Hummer mechanic, that now works at the GMC dealership. He answered many questions and we looked at everything under and in the truck with our LED flashlights blazing away. The dealer was closed to regular service and I saw more Hummers than when they were selling them back in the day
It was worth my time for sure.
Has anyone else received such a letter from GM ?
Do you think maybe it was a 'promo' to generate Hummer service? Maybe these guys just got GM's blessing as an authorized Hummer repair facility?

Old 10-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Only reason I think it may be a dealer deal is that I haven't heard of anyone else anywhere in the country getting this letter or going to an event like this. Tustin Hummer in Tustin, CA used to do things like this. They even had some bring your trucks down on a Saturday and work on them in our bay days with the Hummer mechanics providing instruction and tips but not actually doing the work for you. I would like to see GM do some outreach to Hummer owners since they screwed everyone over before. They have some fence mending to do. This would be a great way to say we made a mistake and want another chance to take care of you guys.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Do you think maybe it was a 'promo' to generate Hummer service?:
I will do some home work on that
You may be right, that this was just my dealer doing their thing.
My service writer at the Reno dealership told me they were closed to all other service that day and they had this reserved for Hummers only
I have never had a dealership make this grand of a jesture.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:56 AM
Default I got one from. a Caddy & CHEVY dealer

At that one I went to the service manager said to me GM is feeling out brand loyalty in random areas of the country. I asked does the mean Hummer is coming back? All he would say GM still own the brand!!! That was at the Caddy dealership

Old 10-31-2012, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by mvrocky
At that one I went to the service manager said to me GM is feeling out brand loyalty in random areas of the country. I asked does the mean Hummer is coming back? All he would say GM still own the brand!!! That was at the Caddy dealership

Perhaps GM should take a look at this forum and others like it around the internet to determine brand loyalty. Someone reading these posts would have to be intellectually challenged if they didn't realize how passionate this group is. I'm fairly certain that 80% of the participants here would purchase a brand new Hummer if they were available. I myself would jump at a new H3T in a second if they were still made.

If anyone is interested in getting a rise out of GM go to the Hummer website and send them a message telling them to bring back the brand by clicking on the Contact Us section of the site. That's what I did a couple of months ago and I received a very canned and silly response from them.

Quick Reply: H3 dealer clinic