PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 as daily driver questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 02:09 PM

I'm a WOP (not technically correct, my father has family immigration papers framed on a wall in his office), wife is a spic, and I have more money sunk into a '70's Jap car than any other car I've ever owned. I'm not sure what's worse, racial slurs intended to be hurtful or over reaction from the PC crowd wanting to pull the race card whenever possible.

Good for you cdaboysfan - I'm on the hunt for an H3 myself. Not having much luck though. I'm trying hard to get just the right one, including the offroad (adventure) package. When I first started looking there was an '09 with ~39k miles for a great price. It was at a rental car place so I avoided it, now I can't find a single H3 with rear locker within 50 miles.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:36 PM

I drive my H3 to work everyday, 16KM one way(10 miles), and it has a standard transmission too. Not a problem so far since last December, and I have also driven it out of town to Chicago, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, Mishawaka, and Tremblant. I live in Toronto, Ontario, and in just 10 months I have put more than 14,000 miles on my H3 with another car in the family. All my past seven cars were Japanese made, and I certainly hope this first American buy would not let me down. I love this truck very much, and my love for it grows a bit more each and every day. Gasoline consumption is my only complaint, because I do not live in the USA and gasoline prices are about 40 to 50% more expensive north of the border here. Nevertheless, I knew about the mileage of this truck before I bought it so I should not complain about it. I just wish gasoline prices in Canada were as low as in the States. Just last weekend I went to tour around the AM General plant in Indiana with the Canadian Hummer Club, and after seeing how the H1 and H2 were tested on their off road course ground I feel even more assured about my H3, even though it was built in Louisiana. Enjoy your ride, OP, and I am quite certain you will grow to love your H3 like I have.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:09 PM

I like the fact that it has the full time 4wd so when you hit bad terrain such as snow or whatever the vehicle feels the same. I hated how my Chevy Colorado changed when put in 4wd especially turning. I find it beneficial. I drive mine daily 30 miles round trip to work and wouldn't trade it for anything but maybe an H3T which came out right after I bought mine. (bastards).