PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 as daily driver questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by cliffaddy
What? That's some seriously twisted logic. If I refer to Cinco de Mayo as "Spic-mas" that's cool, because I'm referring to a holiday not a person?

I don't see how you can interpret "jap car" as anything but "A car made by those Japs".
The guy is in Arabia. He is just playing catch up for all the times his people have been referred to as towelheads...

That, and they aren't really afflicted with that whole politically correct bug over there. In fact, I'm not really sure Jap is a derrogatory term as much as it is an abbreviation in the first place. Lighten up a little.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:24 PM

What? That's some seriously twisted logic. If I refer to Cinco de Mayo as "Spic-mas" that's cool, because I'm referring to a holiday not a person?

I don't see how you can interpret "jap car" as anything but "A car made by those Japs".
Hey if your gonna go on with this at least get the holiday right. Cinco de Mayo is not christmas it is an important national patriotic holiday in Mexico..... You my friend are trying to start something very petty. Relax as for my Grandparents are from Japan and I took no offense.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:13 PM

We're on our 3rd H3......all daily drivers for my wife. We also take it out of town any time we "get away". She loves the H3's and I must say when I get behind the wheel I do too. Our latest is an Alpha. I must say this one is by far our favorite. Mileage is very comparable to the inline 5 cyl. engines, but this H3 is by far the "man's version" as my son puts it. I'll be posting photos of it soon.

By the way, our 2nd H3 saved our lives (check out my album). We'll have at least one Hummer as long as we are driving.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by hectour
Hey if your gonna go on with this at least get the holiday right. Cinco de Mayo is not christmas it is an important national patriotic holiday in Mexico
Uh, yeah, no kidding, genius. It doesn't have to be a one-to-one correlation to be an apt metaphor.

I don't see how you can have Japanese ancestors and not be offended. But then again, having watched my Japanese mother being spat upon and called "Jap" and (incorrectly) "Gook", I'm a little closer to the hatred the term implies than you.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:47 AM

Perhaps it's time to stop living in the past? Let it go..get some therapy or something. You should stay off of the internet if you really have such thin skin, otherwise you're going to have lots of stuff to get angry about.

I have some questions for you Cliffaddy. Do you use your H3 as a daily driver while you're all mad about indirect racial slurs? Do you enjoy it's comfort and reliability while you're thinking of reasons to get mad at people on the internet? Do any of the compliments you get about your truck make you less angry at the world?

Old 10-22-2010, 07:50 AM

Someone throws out a racial slur and you're OK with it? I'd say you're the one with the issues.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:20 AM

Yes, I'm fine with it. I'm mature enough to understand that it's just words on the page and it means nothing to me. I'm not so small minded that I let insults bother me. I've reached a level of tolerance that allows me to rise above and ignore. It makes for much less stress in my life.

Here's what I suggest you do...read this carefully:

Cry me a river...build a bridge...get over it.

In regards to the OP, I love driving my truck every day. It's the best vehicle I've owned to date and I hope it lasts a very long time, because I don't see anything out there that I want to drive more than my H3. It's a bit lacking on interior room when you want to carry 4 adults, but if it's just you, then there aren't any issues and it's a joy to drive.

There have been many a day when I skip the turn to go home and just continue driving until I'm ready to go home and park. I also admit I'm one of those people that has to keep looking back at my truck as I walk away, because it's an amazing view and it fills me with pride to know that I'm a proud owner of an H3.

Last edited by H3DONIST; 10-22-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by H3DONIST
I also admit I'm one of those people that has to keep looking back at my truck as I walk away, because it's an amazing view and it fills me with pride to know that I'm a proud owner of an H3.
HAH, I was hoping I wasn't the only one. I obsessed over H3s for a full year before I got mine. And now after I park my H3 I'll turn around and think, "damn, that's a fine lookin' vehicle"

Old 10-22-2010, 01:48 PM

Someone throws out a racial slur and you're OK with it? I'd say you're the one with the issues.
That is the problem. You assume that it is a racial slur based off of how it was used in America following WWII. The guy who posted it wasn't from America. He wasn't from an area that was really even involved in WWII. To him, it is more likely just an abbreviation for Japanese.

The whole world doesn't recognize Jap as a racial slur against Japanese...

Old 10-26-2010, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the input everyone. We did end up buying an '07 Hummer. I drove it to South Dakota the day I bought it (about 4 hours) and loved every minute of it. I couldn't bring myself to road hunt with it though so maybe when I head back in Nov. I'll get that done. I love the ride; it's a cool machine. I got 19 MPG on the way back so I was happy with that too. Funny I set out to SD driving a Ford Econoline 150 van and ended up finishing the trip in a Hummer. Cool.

Quick Reply: H3 as daily driver questions