PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Chrome grill Cracked/Scuffed w/ Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Default H3 Chrome grill Cracked/Scuffed w/ Pictures

Here's some pictures of the chrome grill I have. The crack is very minor, and barely noticeable with the grill mounted to a vehicle since it presses the crack together turning it into a barely noticeable hairline crack. It is also missing two clips, and has some scuffs/scratches on the other side opposite the crack.

I feel that it is still is good shape and would make a great grill to paint or bed liner if you don't want to sacrifice the one you have to the mod gods. With a little bit of work, and some paint/bed liner you will never know it was damaged.

As it stands now I am asking $150+ shipping for the grill. As soon as I have time I am going to replace the two broken clips, sand down the scuffs and fill them, and sand them down again. For the crack I will fiberglass the back of it, and fill the front of the crack and sand it down smooth.

After I do the work to fix it up I will be asking $200+ shipping. Let me know if you're interested in it either now or after I fix it.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:45 PM

Ok, I'm going to start fixing the grill today. Going to fiberglass the back of the crack, and fill the front. Also going to fill the scuffs, sand everything flat removing the chrome in the process. After that I will be hitting the whole thing with bed liner. Will update with pictures and price after that is finished.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Ok decided to go all out and do it the right way. Won't have time to work on it this week, probably won't get done until next weekend. You can see where the bondo is filling the crack, and that about half the chrome is off. Just said screw it and went all the way to do it the right way so someone will happy with it.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:11 PM

how much do you want for it once its bedlined? Let me know ive got my cracked chrome grille as well ive been lazy and havent fixed it myself.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by CamG243
how much do you want for it once its bedlined? Let me know ive got my cracked chrome grille as well ive been lazy and havent fixed it myself.
I would like $200+ shipping.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:00 AM

Looks like this may have to wait a little longer, going to an offroad park this weekend. So is anyone interested in the price of $200+ shipping? Shipping should be about $40.