PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 - Chevrolet or Real Hummer ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Default H3 - Chevrolet or Real Hummer ??

I was at a local car dealership today looking at an H3 for my wife, we already own an H2 SUT and I thought it would be cool for her to have one too. The salesman said why would you want the "Chevrolet H3" when you already own a "real Hummer". I was really confused and a little insulted. Anyway the salesman told me that the H3 is built in a Chevrolet plant that make the Colorado pickup and other than some minor powertrain changes it was a Chevrolet passed off as a Hummer. He said the H2 is built by Hummer at the Hummer plant and other than the H1 it is the only true Hummer. Can anyone here tell me the truth on this issue?? No insults intended by telling my story I just don't trust car sale people. P.S. he wanted to sell me another H2 but the SUV instead. Thanks for any and all replys!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Default RE: H3 - Chevrolet or Real Hummer ??

That salesman is terrible! Hahaha

Old 09-27-2007, 08:42 PM

Ok, I can agree with that, most car salesmen are,but is he full of **** or what? Was he just trying to sell me something more expensive by telling me lie's about the H3? Help!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:49 PM

Do you think the salesman was for real? I don't think he knows enough to sale cars, forget Hummers.
The chassis is different for starters...

[IMG]local://upfiles/151/33C461F3BA7B4B15881E003AF29A51D2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-27-2007, 09:02 PM

[:@] Please show me a Colorado that can 4X4 like a H3! As far As I know, The only major thing they have that is close too the same is the frame!

Old 09-27-2007, 09:06 PM

This guy was dead serious, when I expressed my disbelief hesaid justlook at the door tag on both the Colorado and the H3, he said that I would see they are both made at Shreveport Louisana and stated theH1 or H2 which is built in the AM General Plant.Since they had no Colorado's on the lot I could not verify this but he probably already knew that.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:07 PM

He probably gets a higher commission selling the H2 than the H3.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:18 PM

He's right about where their built - Shreveport. Some parts are shared with other vehicles - just likewith H2 and all other manufacturers. I agree with 671H3, H2 sales' commission vs H3. He wasn't wearing a leisure suit was he?

There are folks on this forum that work at the plant, I'm sure they could expand more on this topic.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 PM

I guess the commision on 35k vs 60k might make a difference of some bucks to the salesman, but when they start slinging crap and lies trying to talk down what I was interested in and try to sell me something more expensive turns me completely off. Other than the fact about the place of manufacture it sounds like the saleman is full of it. While I do enjoy my H2 my wife preferred the smaller footprint and lean look of the H3. Considering the H3's has better fuel economy, is easier to park and less expensive to buy and own I thought this would be a good choice. I really don't want another H2, besides that no off roading is required to go to the local grocery store or mall.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

I don't work in LA. However, I sure nuf can tell ya that salesman is full of bull deficant!!!!!! Its GMT345 platform is based on the GMT355 which is used by the Colorade/Canyon.

Have you never heard the ole: "the H2 ain't nothin but a Tahoe/Yukon"? The H2 shares the the GMT 820 platform. So freekin what it is significantly differentand built in a different plant.An H2 is no more a Tahoe than an H3 is a Colorado! They sharesections of frames and so do a crap load of other vehicles built by a multitude of mfgrs.

Ask Mr, salses schmuck what plant the H2s are assembled at. Bet he is clueless! You are a mark for another H2. Test drive the 3 and base your decision accordinly.

Quick Reply: H3 - Chevrolet or Real Hummer ??