PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 - Attention grabber!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Default RE: H3 - Attention grabber!

ORIGINAL: Trey124

Thanks Doc Olds I forgot that not everyone has seen it by now.
C'mon! Let's see it!

Here's mine.

Name:  c5_tatoo11.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  32.1 KB

JK! I sent a graphic of that Corvette logo to a forum member once and he sent me a picture of why he wanted it a few weeks later. Now, that's commitment.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:56 PM

My H3 Tactical seems to draw a lot of attention, people commenting how the "blacked out" look is so cool. I get the same price inquiry as well and comments about being careful because I work in sales and customers will think that I make too much $$. My theory is just the opposite, my customers will thinkthat I am successful.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

I drive an H1 in Southern California and notice thatmost of the other Hummer drivers even look at me. I got tons of looks from non Hummers. While in the Corvette clubs they do wave at each other a lot and NCCC even had a save the wave campaign years back none of the Corvettes I pass in mine wave back either. Could just be the the people in Socal aren't quite as friendly as people in other parts of the country. I do get a kick out of all of the kids that have to check the H1 out.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:21 PM

I personally like thewave. I own a Harley and have had a few Jeep CJ's and I always liked the wave associated with them. It's like a "bond" or something (for lack of a better word). So don't worry about it HERHMR, I agree. There area few Hummer owners around here that will wave, but not many, and as you pointed out None of them from the H2's however I've had an H1 wave. It's just personal preference I suppose, but I vote for the wave![sm=sorry.gif]

Old 11-10-2007, 06:59 PM

I have a habit of waving because of the vettes I own. It's a many-decades-old tradition with vette owners as well as enthusiasts of other sports cars and vehicles. I have already waved to a couple other Hummers since getting mine - hard to break the habit and it doesnt harm anyone.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:25 PM

I'll wave once in awhile if my windows are down or a fewflashes of the high beam when one passes by (it's a Guam thing).

Old 11-11-2007, 03:05 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy
That's like waving at somebody at Red Lobster or Pizza Hut because they are eating the same thing as you
That's a little ridiculous.
At Pizza Hut I give everybody a"high 5."
At Red Lobster, it's strictly hand shakes because it's high class and all.

BTW: You're not by chance the guy that punched me at McDonalds after I noticed he had a Big Mac just like me so I winked and said "I see you go my way"?

I don't wave much in the city, but where I come from you give the one finger wave (index, not middle) to anyone you pass on a road with a yellow line.

The biggest group of "wavers" I've ever experienced is trucks where one of the two is pulling a horse trailer.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds
[sm=funnypostabove.gif] Here ya go HERHMR RE: My H3 tattoo
Thank you for sharing, that is too cool!!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:10 PM

i get a lot of attention here. i get all sorts of ppl looking at my car. cops give me the hardest time tho. i get pulled over daily cuz im a young kid in a hummer on 24's. they think its stolen or i have drugs.lol but other then that i get a lot of ppl telling me how nice it is and thats its diffrent then all the cars here. it sticks out compared to everything else

Old 11-15-2007, 10:37 PM

I know im a newbie here, but it appears that most Hummer owners are a close nit group with a lot of the same interests and tastes. I see no reason not to give someone a wave or a nod from time to time with eachother. Afterall, many people outside of the Hummer community have the wrong idea about the machine and thinks its often times "over the top" when in reality they dont have a clue about what sets it apart. So nodding or waving an acknowledgement of someones shared brilliance sounds fine with me!

Quick Reply: H3 - Attention grabber!