PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Alpha Program Delphi Key Fob

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Default H3 Alpha Program Delphi Key Fob

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I tried searching for "remote" and couldn't find anything, and "key fob" were just too short to search for.

I broke my key fob remote, and got a new one from online. Is there any way I can program this myself on my 2008 H# Alpha? I tried following these instructions:

http://www.wikihow.com/Program-GM-Keyless-Remotes

.. but can't seem to get it to work. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance!

Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM

Has to be programmed at a dealer. Take all the fobs you have with you otherwise the other ones won't work.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:34 AM

I just ordered a couple of them from eBay for my 07 too. I only got one when I bought the truck and the loop broke off it so I have to carry it around in my pocket.

I don't know if this will work or not but it is worth a try. Everyone says it won't but they also said it wouldn't work on my wife's HHR but it did. I figure it is worth a try before having to shell out big bucks to the dealer for pushing a couple of buttons. I'll be trying it on mine as soon as they get here...

Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the DOOR unlock switch.
While holding the DOOR lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the DOOR unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one keyless remote. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds , the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (one more click forward) position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation

Old 01-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Banned

u can sit there all weekend trying,,,then on mon morn go to the dealer,with luck its free,otherwise its 25 bucks.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:25 AM

Cool! I'm still new to the Hummer so I don't mind sitting in it. Get some old classic country music on the XM and just enjoy it. Ya'll are probably right. I have no doubt of that. Our local dealer charges $60 to program a fob. California, what are you gonna do? Everything is overpriced out here. I'm glad I tried the HHR after everyone said it was a no go and it worked the first time. Probably won't be so lucky on the H3 and then I'll come back in here and tell ya'll that you were right.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 AM

Reason it probably will not work is the HH3 remote function is controlled via dedicated unit called the remote control door lock actuator (or something like that), which is located under the headliner in the front of the vehicle.

The H3 remote functions are internal to the BCM.

I will not say it will not work, I have never tried it. But I will say I doubt if it will work. Many of the functions that worked on other vehicles will not work on the H3 due to the BCM used on the H3.

However, was once told by another engineering at GM that the only way to reset the oil light was via the cluster. I connected a Tech 2, checked the oil usage via the Tech 2. Turned the key off, then On, mashed the accelerator pedal three times to the floor and rechecked the oil usage and it was reset to zero.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Songman
California, what are you gonna do? Everything is overpriced out here.
I hear you on that! That's why I bought my H3 from out of state, but California still got me with the sales tax when I registered it here. At least I already did my research so the amount didn't come as a surprise.