PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Alpha LED back up lights.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Default H3 Alpha LED back up lights.

I installed LED backup lights in my 08 H3 Alpha, and the rear view camera now will not go back into the rear view mirror. It only happens when the LED back up lights are in, when I put the halogen back in, the camera opens and closes properly. With the LED's the camera will open when the truck turns on and will not go back in until i pull the LED's out. I tried a canceler, but the LED's did not work at all with the canceler, so what should I do? Did I get some bad cancelers? Should I order new ones? Should I rewire my back up lights?

Old 04-24-2013, 03:29 PM

Not sure what you mean by a 'canceler'. Get yourself a couple of 6 ohm 50 watt resistors and wire them in parallel with your led's. This will simulate the current draw of the OEM incandescent backup bulb and you should be good to go.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Not sure what you mean by a 'canceler'. Get yourself a couple of 6 ohm 50 watt resistors and wire them in parallel with your led's. This will simulate the current draw of the OEM incandescent backup bulb and you should be good to go.
Thank you, I will order a couple resisters as soon as I can. It is so disappointing to open up my middle console and see the LED's just sitting there. I've replaced every light in my truck with LED's and HID's and the back up lights are the only ones I couldn't get to work:O