PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2's and gas

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Default H2's and gas

I know if your worried about gas prices, you shouldnt be driving a hummer lmao - but I wanted to post what Ive done and perhaps get some more feedback on my situation...

I gambled on one of those computer chips you buy off of Ebay - you get the choice of plugging into your air intake system or thermostat if its a combo air intake - which the 04 h2 is.. well long story short, it says im averaging 11.2 mpg city, and when im on the highway (rarely) my instant economy read that I was averaging 18-24 while maintaining 60mph... not bad?

I should also note that when you have to accelerate, I noticed the mpg dropped like a rock - down to 3 when Iapplied gas pressure- but the average still says 11.2 so it must even out somewhere...

I wish I could just coast everwhere too - the instant economy button reads that i average 40-55mpg when Im just gliding

So, Ijust wanted to share - my results after about 3 gas tanks and about ~900 miles. The only thing I forgot to do is ask what everyone else is getting normally mpg (city drivers preferred)... I read on edmunds that the average is 10.4, but I want to see if others are getting above 11 in the city without the chip. So if anyone has the time to run out and just check what they're getting mpg wise, what grade fuel their using, additives?? Id greatly appreciate it.

Anyone??

Old 04-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Default RE: H2's and gas

On my H2 the instant economy shows I,m using 99litres per 100km while sitting still at a light. Go Figure

Old 04-21-2008, 12:41 AM

I stopped worrying about gas when I got our H2. If we get a car with great gas mileage, we might as well buy an RC car. If we get a deisel, fuel is running about 20 cents higher than premium (BTW I heard on the radio that deisel fuel was expected to go up to 8-10 dollars a gallon in the next 10 years). No matter what you're SOL so might as well buy what you enjoy and live it while you can.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:43 AM

I wish I could get a PCM from PCMFORLESS here but everytime I e-mail the "GUY", I get no response!! FOUR TIMES!![:@]

I just want my SHIFTS harder/quicker. My guy at the dealer said I should get a SHIFT KIT, but that it would VOID my warranty!![:@]

Old 04-21-2008, 09:35 AM

Not really sure if any of these "chips" actually work.....

Old 04-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HummBob

I wish I could get a PCM from PCMFORLESS here but everytime I e-mail the "GUY", I get no response!! FOUR TIMES!![:@]
I gave up after emailing once and telling Kelly about it 2 times....

Old 04-21-2008, 06:52 PM

So, to bump this, again, im actually testing the "chip".. can you all please post what kind of milage or range your getting without any mods, and what fuel grade your using.. or if you routinely use additives..? Thanks again..

Old 04-21-2008, 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: bluezgo

I stopped worrying about gas when I got our H2. If we get a car with great gas mileage, we might as well buy an RC car. If we get a deisel, fuel is running about 20 cents higher than premium (BTW I heard on the radio that deisel fuel was expected to go up to 8-10 dollars a gallon in the next 10 years). No matter what you're SOL so might as well buy what you enjoy and live it while you can.
Amen

Old 04-21-2008, 08:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Hummergirl4

ORIGINAL: bluezgo

Amen
DIDO!!

Old 04-21-2008, 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

ORIGINAL: HummBob

I gave up after emailing once and telling Kelly about it 2 times....

It happened to you too Stan? GOOD!!!I thought they were BLACKBALLING me for being Canadian!!!

Quick Reply: H2's and gas