PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 tech needed--Hummer dealer and independent shop stumped...air ride problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 03:51 PM

Don,

I just now saw your post. If you are still having problems with this truck please email me with your phone number. The short anwer to your question is...its the air springs, just trust me on this. They do leak intermittantly. They will leak in the folds of the spring.

The leak will depend on MANY Things. Like what surface the truck is parked on. How much gas is in the tank etc.... All of this sounds crazy but im telling you i know this stuff lol. I have been through it.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:35 PM

ok, new twist to the problem. Truck left here after numerous test drives and rechecks of everything, never dropped all week. Customer didn't even make it home and the right rear drops again. BUT this time i get codes and a service air suspension light. C0660-exhaust valve circuit, and a C07?? can't remember number right now but it was for the Pressure sensor circuit. Correct me if i'm wrong but both the exhaust valve, pressure sensor as well as their entire circuitry are part of the compressor assembly.... Can't control the exhaust valve with tech2. Took compressor off and tested circuits for sensor and valve to control module- all okay... pretty much narrows it down to internal failure in control module right? Valve works, used fused power supply to actuate exhaust valve and it works fine... I will recheck the air bags again i'll fully extend them or take em off and use shop air to put some pressure in them and spray them down....but even if that right bag is leaking that doesnt explain the codes... Really wish we had put coils on this thing, so does the customer at this point

Old 09-17-2010, 10:05 PM

So glad I got every option but air ride. Saw a H2 in a parking lot the other day. The whole rear end was deflated and almost sitting on the tires. Hope you get it fixed.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:26 AM

ok, fully extended the bags and put some pressure in them and sprayed them down numerous times, watched em for bout a half hour keeping them wet with soapy water....no leaks. I got the hummer tech in cincy here telling me it's a leak, but when this thing drops, it doesnt just bleed down slow, it drops in a couple minutes. Now with the codes and testing for their cause i can't help but think perhaps there is a bad run of compressor modules out there. Either way, i have a problem with the exhaust valve control in the module now so i have to address that first. I will never take another one of these things in for suspension work, This is rediculous. If they don't want coil springs put on it, it goes to hummer and they can have fun with it. I'll post once we get a new compressor module and see what the hell happens.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Default air ride

don
you get a (A+) for staying with it and trying your best
if you do work on another one you will at least be informed and will be able to tell the coustomer what problem he might have .
you have to agree that there are other cars/ trucks with cronic problems just like the air bag system on the h2..
you could change it over to a air inlet fitting like on a air shock set up and bypass the compresser , maybe?...mike
good luck....

Old 09-24-2010, 03:48 PM

ok, new compressor module installed, trim hieght set, trippled checked fittings for leaks all ok.... customer is supposed to pick up monday if this doesn't work this time it goes to hummer and they get to cuss and whine about it.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:03 PM

If that doesn't do it, swap your left and right air bags, then see if it drops to the left instead.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:27 PM

My 2005 H2 SUT is doing the same thing. Some times the back suspension will drop in a matter of minutes. Other times, it will stay up all night or all day, no problem. It is so random, I never know when I park it whether it will drop or not. It does seem to be getting worse though, so I need to take it in to the shop soon. I hope they don't have any trouble getting it repaired.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:48 AM

ok, been a couple of weeks now since customer took truck back... no issues hasn't dropped once been working perfectly. All i did was install the new compressor module....the third F*cking one i mind you.... and set trim height. Truck sits more level than ever and everything is working great. That means that i got two faulty compressor assemblies brand new off the shelf from the dealer..... that is utterly pathetic. I will not ever work on another one of these systems. The amount of time and money lost on this makes me sick, Hummer can have em all, and once they are gone anyone i get in here gets coils, end of discussion. I really feel for you guys that have to deal with this on a more regular basis this is a very poorly designed system. Anyways, now that i said something it will probably come back but thanks for all the input guys.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:52 PM

Other than the air ride can go higher than my stock coils my H2 rides so smooth with the coils. I'm glad to read you got it fixed way to go. You sound like a great mechanic and someone who takes great pride in their work to fix a problem no matter what.

Quick Reply: H2 tech needed--Hummer dealer and independent shop stumped...air ride problem