PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 SUV GOBI Stealth Rack - Review.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:11 PM

Can't argue with experience! I'll find out.

rack being installed now....

Old 07-05-2012, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by easy610
Can't argue with experience! I'll find out.

rack being installed now....
How did the rack arrive, was the packaging good? Any damages or scratches at all to the rack? Did it include all mounting hardware, air dam, etc??

Old 07-05-2012, 09:51 PM

Packaging was complete and original with GOBI stickers on outside of VERY large package. Looked in good shape. I assumed it came with all the mounting hardware....

I was having a windshield installed locally and called the owner (I know him...). I delivered it at noon and it was installed by 4PM. And the install cost was VERY reasonable....

It was a buddy price though.

Installed it looks GREAT and exactly as I hoped it would look.

VERY VERY pleased. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Cheers,

easysixonezero

Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 PM

So where's the pics??

Few gobi racks poped up this week on CL.....anyone wanting to buy a rack-

Gobi Hummer H2 Ranger Roof Rack, Fantastic Condition! $600

Hummer H2 Gobi roof rack $675 (includes 2 PIAA Lights)

GOBI Roof Rack for Hummer h2 SUV or SUT /Mint Condition $700 (includes 6 PIAA lights)

Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by easy610
Have wanted to outfit my H2 for a long time. Have gotten the Ebay "MASSIVE BRUSH GUARD" already. Next roof rack.

OK, a little premature. I placed the order today. They will ship July 2, 2012.

As soon as I get it I will post pics of rack and install and thoughts/opinions.

I had wanted to be able to park my H2 in the garage and they "say" it will fit clearance wise. Well, I will find out.

I bought from Ebay - autopartsurplus is the vendor....
I found the same guy and am contemplating grabbing one of these as well. Can you confirm for me whether the side supports (shown in the image) are welded in place or merely clamped on via the torx bolt?

Also, under the rack, in the center of the roof at it's highest point, approximately how much clearance is there between the roof and the bottom of the rack?

Thanks in advance.

Name:  stealth-closeup.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  40.1 KB

Last edited by guruerror; 07-16-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by guruerror
I found the same guy and am contemplating grabbing one of these as well. Can you confirm for me whether the side supports (shown in the image) are welded in place or merely clamped on via the torx bolt?

There are 4 bolts holding that bracket between the roof rail tracks and the rack.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 AM

LOL...sorry for the confusion. The brackets I was referring to were the upper ones that support the top rail (called out in the image below). Are those welded in place or held in by those torx bolts?

Also, how much clearance do you have between the rack and the roof at it's highest point in the middle?

Thanks in advance...and, again, sorry for the confusion.

Name:  Untitled-3.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  49.3 KB

Old 07-17-2012, 06:08 PM

I dont have a stealth rack, but in that left square going off the center bolt at 2 oclock looks like a spot weld. Right square at 4 oclock spot weld.

If it wasn't welded- if you put some force on the upper bar...what would keep it lined up vertically? In that pic, imaging pushing the top bar forward or back... It looks like a sandwich clamp around two bars. I dont see getting a real tight clamp force w/ single bolt. My moneys on its welded.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by bflorin
I dont have a stealth rack, but in that left square going off the center bolt at 2 oclock looks like a spot weld. Right square at 4 oclock spot weld.

If it wasn't welded- if you put some force on the upper bar...what would keep it lined up vertically? In that pic, imaging pushing the top bar forward or back... It looks like a sandwich clamp around two bars. I dont see getting a real tight clamp force w/ single bolt. My moneys on its welded.
Yeah...I was think those were welds too; but quietly hoping that they were 'shadows' in the image or something...LOL.

I'll get to verify first hand this weekend. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one of these from the same guy as the OP. He's asking $800...I countered and we settled on $700. I think he's still got one left if anyone is interested they should hop on ebay and check it out...he's got a rack of H3 parts too.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:29 PM

I've been chatting back and forth with that seller for about a month now from when he posted the first gobi they had. When that sold I asked if they could get more and that's when they posted the 5 racks for sale.

I also made an offer but he contacted me and said not to accept the offer because they had a rack at their CA warehouse so shipping to my state (AZ) would be cheaper.

Long story short he saved me about $150 in shippping, accepted $600 for the rack so shipped to my door was $937 and some change. I can't complain one bit about that price!!

Kevin is who I've been working with, stand up guy and very down to earth. I'm just waiting to hear from the freight company to setup delivery but I'm very excited to finally have a Gobi on top of the truck!

Quick Reply: H2 SUV GOBI Stealth Rack - Review.