PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 remains the safest in my book

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H2 remains the safest in my book

ORIGINAL: Trey124

Are you still going to get it back by Christmas or with the frame damage put you into the new year?
12 days on the initial estimate.... they added 4 days for the 1st addition.... and now the total is 24 days to repair....

so.... next year seems about right.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

here's another picture... just to keep ya interested...

Old 12-14-2007, 07:37 PM

Hi Muddy, Been awhile since I posted, and first thing that caught my eye logging back in was this thread.. First of all I'm glad you and GF and family are alrite!! That is the most important thing, vehicles can be replaced, bodies cannot be easily replace OR repaired.

As a neutral observer, &After reading the entire thread I am amazed at how much damage your H2 took hitting a ricer broadside. As I continued to read & see the pictures. I watched as the damage $ escalated (which I figured it would as I read), however you stated on your initial post you were going 30-35MPH, and after reading your comments thruout this thread I can not understand all this damage at that speed. Now I guess anything is possible and with a "no braking"situation at all, catching a cheap ricer broadside, the damage on itshould be substantial, but on the H2?, That jap car should of just bounced off with minimal damage at that speed to the H2. Sorry, if I sound skeptical, but the whole thing really was not your fault. Just the speed confuses me. Thats #1.

#2-- I think there are even more hidden damage than what has been told to you or even visible to those inspecting on your H2. The fact that the frame is bent is not good, to bend a frame like that on a H2 takes a major high speed impact (usually), so that concerns me. Especially since I was told by my dealer of a Brinks Armored truck that rear ended a H2 at 40MPH, and the Brinks front end was destroyed (crushed actually) and the H2 had what he called "minimal" damage (NO frame damage). The H2 owner in that case stated "He just bounced off of me after impact, I hardly felt anything"... Which is rather funny IMHO in that incident... The front of our H2 should be even stronger, or as strong,I would think, thats why I mention this story..

My concern after reading it all is this, are you sure you want to keep this H2 now, even after repairs? I think it would be in YOUR best interest that they find as much damage as possible at this point AND to a level that they total it. That way you can go and buy a NEW H2.. . IMO, your H2 took more damage than it should of, considering the facts of this incident. AND I think it will never be the same even after "professionally repaired", they never are.. So IMO, find ALL the damage you can, what has been told to you IS NOT all of it..Try and get it totaled, then go buy yourself an 08,, (BTW, they have been "redesigned").

In conclusion, please don't be angry or take any offense at my statements above, it is not intended at all to be that way. Your interest is at heart in what I have said. After all, you don't know me at all from joe blow down the block. BUT I still do own a H2, if anything I'm a original H2 owner which don't mean shiit really, but I do have your best interest at heart....

PS: IF it don't get totaled, (sssshhhhhh TRADE IT IN ON A NEW ONE ASAP)...[8D]

Old 12-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

I was guessing 30-35... I dunno... speed limit was 50 and then goes down to 45 right before the turn.... then after theturn it goes down to 40... the actual speed limit at the accident siteis 45... I know I wasn't going 45 through there just because the ole lady always hangs on when I do... it's a tight S.... 30-35 was an educated guess based on the traffic that day...

I do want to trade it... 07's and 08's are at anice price... the other facts that I have been considering is the fact that I will no longer have any warranty left after it comes home... we have discussed it... but I dunno...

Thanks for your concern... and you shouldn't feel that you can't voice your opinion...

Old 12-20-2007, 10:05 AM

What's the status anything new with your H2 getting fixed?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Went by there today.... frame took longer to come in than expected... I was there when they put my front suspension back together... two techs working their asses off. I felt the need to apologize to them for the mud covering the floor. It was supposed to be a rolling Chassis today... engine back in tomorrow... starting wednesday they are gonna start putting it back together... and then New Years week remove the body again for paint... Should have it back first week of January.

Took a couple pictures... kinda blurry though....

Old 12-20-2007, 06:21 PM

Sheesh Muddy!! No one should ever have to see their H2 that way. I feel for ya. Hopefully it will all be ok soon. With a new frame under it, all should be well. One of these days I'm gonna get myself an H2. Can't wait. Hope the time frame they gave you will be accurate. Keep us all posted.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks... So far I couldn't be more impressed with Turnersville Collision.... from the people, the attitude, the cleanliness of the shop, the techs, I could go on.... I have never been there before... and hopefully I will never go back... but if I had to I know who I would call...

and yeah.... the frame off resto isn't usually associated with 5 year old trucks....

Old 12-20-2007, 06:40 PM

No wonder I could siphon off any gas outa my H2 last hurricane down here LOL. WOW, they really took that H2 apart. I sure hope these guys know what they are doing..Sad...[&o] Is the work being done at a Hummer dealer/body shop? AND is it still under warranty?

Old 12-21-2007, 07:58 AM

Can't wait til they put it all back togethor and find that one bolt left over, D'oh.

Quick Reply: H2 remains the safest in my book