PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 owners: What do you think of the H3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009 | 09:39 PM
|
Default H2 owners: What do you think of the H3?

I'm always curious as to what H2 drivers think of the H3 when you see one on the road, or just in general really. I sort of wonder if you think "Psh, get a real Hummer" or look down (literally and figuratively!) on us H3 drivers .

Do any of you H2 owners ever consider buying an H3? What do you like and dislike about it?

If you're curious about what I, an H3 owner, think about the H2, well.... I always have mixed opinions about it. From some angles I think it is BEAUTIFUL, I really love it. A lot of the time I find myself sort of wishing my H3 was a little bit taller. I wouldn't say that I regret buying an H3 and not an H2, but I definitely really love the H2 as well. I just love how it is so giant inside.

I've been in H2's several times but I have never driven one. I think it would be REALLY fun, just because it's just so big. I'm not sure if you H2 drivers really realize the MASSIVE difference in size between the H2 and the H3. I recently parked next to one, and they are totally different vehicles in terms of size.

I guess one concern I would have is gas, although I really don't drive that much. Can anyone give me an idea of whether or not it would be a HUGE difference in terms of gas switching from an H3 to an H2? Then again, I don't drive a lot. I'm only 18 and I have had my H3 for about 10 months and have not yet even driven 10,000km.

I'm really curious about your opinion on the H3 so please post a response!

Old 09-23-2009 | 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

I traded my 2003 H2 in on my 2008 H3 Alpha. I loved the H2. Best riding/driving combination 4x4 I have ever had. The H2 was bigger, quieter, rode better and got 4-5 mpg less. The H3 Alpha is a great truck and does very well off road also. It is easier to park and very fun to drive. I don't look down at other Hummers. As far as I am concerned they are all part of the family.

Old 09-23-2009 | 10:14 PM
|

Cool! Thanks! Do you just love them both, or can you pick a definite winner?

Old 09-24-2009 | 09:11 AM

I like them both. I have an H2 and sometimes thought about getting an H3 but the H2 is what I end up with. I dont look down on any Hummer owners.

Old 09-24-2009 | 10:30 AM

I bought a H2 over the H3 because of the size. I just love the "treehuggers" giving me the finger, I'm not sure if you get that in an H3. I looked at the H3's when I bought my H2 and decided, if I'm buying a HUMMER it's going to be an H2 without question . As far as the gas mileage goes, I'm fuel conscious and get about 13.5 mpg around town which I don't think is too bad considering I was going to buy a F150 or Escalade and they get about 10 mpg around town .

I don't really look down at H3 owners, but I know that H3 owners would rather be driving an H2 .

MY H2:

Last edited by vetteman40404; 09-24-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-24-2009 | 10:49 AM

We bought a H2 SUT after waiting almost one year for H3 Alpha to be launched in our part of the World. We took a drive test with a 2008 H2 and we were amazed. We make some "noise" ( we already had a 6,000 US$ deposit in their account for the H3 ). The Dealer gave as a good deal on a brand new H2 SUT and we accept it. Now we are thinking to go for one of these: H3 V8, H2 or to wait for 6.2 Ford F150 Raptor. Any opinions, please?

Old 09-24-2009 | 02:39 PM
|

Originally Posted by vetteman40404
I bought a H2 over the H3 because of the size. I just love the "treehuggers" giving me the finger, I'm not sure if you get that in an H3. I looked at the H3's when I bought my H2 and decided, if I'm buying a HUMMER it's going to be an H2 without question . As far as the gas mileage goes, I'm fuel conscious and get about 13.5 mpg around town which I don't think is too bad considering I was going to buy a F150 or Escalade and they get about 10 mpg around town .

I don't really look down at H3 owners, but I know that H3 owners would rather be driving an H2 .

MY H2:

I love that colour!

Well, I love my H3 so much. I've had it for about 10 months and literally every time I drive it, still, I am really excited to drive it. I just love it! I don't get very much Hummer hate at all in my H3.

I really just want to DRIVE an H2. All of the H2's I've been in, the owners wouldn't let me drive them! Which sucks!

Maybe my next one will be an H2. I know there are good deals everywhere!

I really want a white H2. I have a white H3 and nothing makes me more jealous than seeing a shiny white H2

Old 09-24-2009 | 05:57 PM

The owners won't let you drive them because THEY want to drive them. I love driving my H2. I rarely let my wife drive it. LOL

As far as the HUMMER hate from the "treehuggers"......I love that as much as I love driving my H2!!!!!

Thank you for the compliment about the color.

Old 09-25-2009 | 09:30 PM

I drive an H3, so I won't pretend to speak for H2 drivers. The H2 and H3 are two different trucks that serve two different markets. If nothing else, you have to consider the price difference. $60K+ for an H2 versus $25K+ for an H3. Frankly, an H2 is not even an option for many people - myself included. I recently overheard a conversation about the H2 that someone had just bought. She said 'It's stupid to buy an H3. You might as well just get an H2', or words to that effect. She clearly didn't understand the economic reasons. She also is one who might look down on an H3. In general, though, I think H2 drivers don't look down on H3 drivers any more than an H3 driver might look down on a ten year old Kia. The Kia driver likely can't justify an H3, either for economic or utility reasons (he doesn't need what the H3 offers).

Old 09-28-2009 | 11:58 AM

I don't look down on them, mostly because, that's where i started. What really matters is what you think. When I first got my H3 i couldn't stop grinning for a month. After a while though, i admit i got a bit envious when i would park next to H2's. So I got this.
Name:  DSCF3420.jpg
Views: 14100
Size:  111.5 KB
Unfortunately, though, the 3 has to go There both great fun cars, so you should be happy with what you got, you will love it!

Quick Reply: H2 owners: What do you think of the H3?