PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 or JEEP

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Default H2 or JEEP

well im looking to buy a new car and i cant figure out what i want...a H2 or a 2001 Jeep Cherokee. i use to own a XJ (cherokee) and it was unbeatable offroad...i had it lifted with 31's and it would flex like no other and the solid axles held up like a beast...so the IFS worries me quite a bit. so does the size and weight. can you actually take these thins off road? people have told me to look at a 40,000 dollar hummer...take it offroad...then take a 40,000 dollar jeep offroad...help me pick...are hummers worth anything more than mall crawling?

Old 04-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Default RE: H2 or JEEP

[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 04-09-2007, 02:57 AM

Opinions here are going to be slightly skewed. :P

Personally, I dislike Jeeps with a vengence. I drove a couple and I was never impressed. Plus that 4 door Wrangler is just an H3 knockoff.

Went off roading a few years back, me in my stock 92 Nissan Pathfinder, and my buddy in his 86 Jeep CJ with giant 36" tires. I tell ya that jeep was worthless, while I was flying down the washboard road at 45 with my 4 spring suspension, his 4 leaf just about rattled him off the road at 25. LOL

Then before we climbed anything, I had to go first to make sure he could make it. LOL

"If you can read this, flip me over." Yeah, I'll flip you over with my H2.

"It's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." Know, I dont understand why you drive an overrated piece of junk.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:23 AM

lol...im not talkin about a wrangler...im talkin about a cherokee...whole diff ball game.

what type of 4 wheelin do most of you all do...i did some pretty serious crap in my XJ

sounds like ur jeep buddy just couldnt drive

Old 04-09-2007, 03:25 AM

oh and how does the IFS hold up in real off road situations...high torque and off camber situations?

Old 04-09-2007, 04:02 AM

Well, not much driving skill required to drive down a washboarded dirt road. LOL

well, i dont see how the two really compare, it sounds more like "should I get some plain old SUV thats gonna have 4wd and can do off road stuff, or get an H2, which is one of the best off road vehicles ever produced."

Cause from a Pathfinder, to Passport, to 4runner, to cherokee, to trailblazer, Jimmy, explorer and on and on are just SUV's, I dont see any really stand out.

I hear those FJ cruisers are real nice off road vehicles, but I havent seen one in action or driven one.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:54 AM

Nothing at all wrong with owning Jeeps, I have for most of my adult life. But comapring an H2 to a 01 Cherokee is like, well it isn't like any comparison I have ever heard of before.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:06 AM

ORIGINAL: JustHummin

Nothing at all wrong with owning Jeeps, I have for most of my adult life. But comapring an H2 to a 01 Cherokee is like, well it isn't like any comparison I have ever heard of before.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: WMW0505

well im looking to buy a new car and i cant figure out what i want...a H2 or a 2001 Jeep Cherokee. i use to own a XJ (cherokee) and it was unbeatable offroad...i had it lifted with 31's and it would flex like no other and the solid axles held up like a beast...so the IFS worries me quite a bit. so does the size and weight. can you actually take these thins off road? people have told me to look at a 40,000 dollar hummer...take it offroad...then take a 40,000 dollar jeep offroad...help me pick...are hummers worth anything more than mall crawling?
First of all .. mall crawling doode!? Do you even realize what kind of vehicle we're talking about here!? With this out of the way I WILL say offroading an H2 .. well, it's A LOT of metal to sling around BUT .. it does it with an awful amount of grace and agility ... I've only been in the passanger side of a Wrangler down in Daniel Boone National Park ONCE in my life, Jeep Jamboree... in comparison to that I would say my H2 is just as capable and then A LOT of"some" .. BUT .. it requires a wee bit more finesse I think. It's a large vehicle to get around in, especially on narrow trails .. but even me as a first timer in the H2 just afew weeks ago .. I had zero problems even on narrow ATV trails ...

Shortbusand Greenblade are probably your two best resources for offroadin' Deuce's around here ... care to chime in guys!?!?!

Just one for your viewing pleasures ..

[IMG]local://upfiles/1157/B953560E0E1B4CE4B2A994C886C7FA17.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-09-2007, 11:17 AM

I have little patience with questions like this..so I'll just shutup

Quick Reply: H2 or JEEP