PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 Hood Vent warped in the cold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Default H2 Hood Vent warped in the cold?

I just bought my 2007 H2 last June 2010. This winter, I noticed that after our first cold day that got below freezing, my hood vent has buckled/warped in the middle at the top (closest to the windshield). It kind of bows up in the middle now, and I can push it down with my hand to make it flush with the hood, but of course it just goes back up.

Has anyone else had this problem? I searched around and found nothing. I'm hoping it will return to normal once the weather gets warm again. Hoping...

Old 01-31-2012, 12:35 AM

I've never heard of one doing this but I'm betting you'll end up having to replace it. Do you have any pics of it.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:33 PM

I'll take a pic and upload it when I get a chance. It's not so warped that it would need replacing; I only noticed because I detail it so regularly. I was thinking of holding it down with some 3M double-sided tape. Can anyone think of a reason not to do this?

Also, is there any potential problem with water running off the hood and under the louver?

Old 01-31-2012, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by mrvictory1999
I'll take a pic and upload it when I get a chance. It's not so warped that it would need replacing; I only noticed because I detail it so regularly. I was thinking of holding it down with some 3M double-sided tape. Can anyone think of a reason not to do this?

Also, is there any potential problem with water running off the hood and under the louver?
mrvictory, I would think the longer it stays like it is now, the harder its gonna be for the 3M tape to hold it. You may get lucky though if warms up & goes back to the way it was but isn't it going to be awhile before the weather changes enough to make any difference. I wouldn't think you would have any trouble with the water hurting anything. Maybe one of the other guys on here with a lil' more knowledge about it will chime in, good luck & keep us informed.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:58 PM

Your talking about the cowl- between the air cleaners, where the wipers come out?

If so, I bet one of the plastic clips just poped off. I'd just buy a whole new set of clips, your probably going to break a few more pulling it off anyway.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by margaret
that's an nice stuff it would help me a lot thanks for the post.
Margaret, WTH????????