PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 General Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Default H2 General Questions

I am in the market for an H2, and need know a few things before I purchase one.

I appreciate any information that you can provide.

1. What year of H2 has the best record for maintenance?

2. What maintenance issues seem to be the most troublesome?

3. What is the model difference between those that have a spare inside and those that are on the outside?

4. What model has the most features?

5. What is a good average miles per gallon?

Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mellilo
I am in the market for an H2, and need know a few things before I purchase one.

I appreciate any information that you can provide.

1. What year of H2 has the best record for maintenance?

2. What maintenance issues seem to be the most troublesome?

3. What is the model difference between those that have a spare inside and those that are on the outside?

4. What model has the most features?

5. What is a good average miles per gallon?
Tuff questions....can't answer 1. 2 I would guess cost of tires? 3 I think outside spare is just an option 4 I think lux package is highly optioned but am sure there are some special edition h2's that have exclusive options, mpg is pretty bad. I am averaging about 12 mpg driving it lightly...

Old 03-11-2011, 11:43 AM

The exterior spare tire carrier was just an option at the beginning (I do believe it became a standard feature later on though). There is the Adventure Package, which adds brush Guards and tail light guards, Air Suspension, roof mounted offroad lights...but you can also get these in separate packages. Fuel consumption is not good, but then everybody knows that and you wouldn't be shopping for an H2 if you really are hoping for a high mpg daily driver. Indy

Old 03-11-2011, 01:24 PM

For me, I just replaced my driver side wheel bearings this week - did the passenger side about 8 months ago but I think H2s are notorious for that and they are not cheap fixes.

I have the carrier for my spare now - I had to replace the pin because the wire broke but that's expected when it's 20 below and icey for 5 months of the year.

My mpg went from 12.9 to 10.5 this winter, kinda drastic but I drive it like a beast so it's not the H2s fault. Once it goes this spring for a maintenance check I'm sure it will go back up to 12 at least.

I think you can get pretty much any feature you want in any model but you'll pay for it. I've had my '04 since 2005, I've considered trading up for a new one twice and haven't done it. I'm too comfortable in mine and I don't want any car payments.

If you are concerned about gas or anything other than tearin' up a road - or an innocent bystanders yard because you hate to sit in traffic - then H2s aren't you're best choice.

H2s are sexy, that's enough reason to buy one