PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 Check Engine Light On

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Default H2 Check Engine Light On

My 09 H2 check engine icon lit up today. I plugged in my superchips cortex programmer and got the error code and its P0449.From what I read here its most likely the emission control vent valve. Another thing I noticed is that my gm remote start will not start the truck with the check engine light on. I can hear a click from under the hood though. When I clear the error code the remote start works then the check engine light comes back on. Guess I have to get me a vent valve. How hard is it to replace. I looked underneath and it must be above the black square looking canister, drivers side frame from what I see. Any tips on changing out the vent valve.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Default check engine light

Originally Posted by NIK1
My 09 H2 check engine icon lit up today. I plugged in my superchips cortex programmer and got the error code and its P0449.From what I read here its most likely the emission control vent valve. Another thing I noticed is that my gm remote start will not start the truck with the check engine light on. I can hear a click from under the hood though. When I clear the error code the remote start works then the check engine light comes back on. Guess I have to get me a vent valve. How hard is it to replace. I looked underneath and it must be above the black square looking canister, drivers side frame from what I see. Any tips on changing out the vent valve.

check your gas cap before you do anything else. take it off and put it back on.
If you dont have a scan tool, ask somebody you know to clear it. if that isnt an option, then you can disconnect negative lead on battery for 30 seconds, then reattach and that should turn the light off.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:29 PM

I took off the gas cap and put it back on, even kept turning it round and round. My Superchips programmer can read the error code, that's how I got the P0449 code.It also can clear the DTCs.I cleared the error code and started the truck. In about 10-15 sec, the check engine light comes back on with the same p0449 code.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:26 PM

check out po449 on youtube. likely vent solenoid .