PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 2003 Alarm blaring when turning ignition.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 01:28 AM
Question H2 2003 Alarm blaring when turning ignition.

Hello, i'm having problems with the hummer alarm blaring when turning the ignition.We have tried locking and unlocking the doors with the key and the key fob.We have also tried taking the positive and negative off the battery.We disconnected the battery for an hour and then retried.Nothing has worked.I've looked it up and it seems to be a theft issue, but I don't know how to fix it.It's stuck half in and half out, after getting it towed last night.Any help would be appreciated, please.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:53 AM

Did someone try to steal it and smash your ignition lock cylinder? Is this a factory alarm or aftermarket?

Can turn the key all the way to the start position and will it start?

Reason why I ask is they try to steal my wife's Yukon about every two months and the only thing that has saved it is a starter immobilizer. I have replaced door and ignition lock cylinders several times. And if the ignition was punched with a screwdriver your key may not be getting all the way in.

We have an aftermarket alarm with the immobilizer after losing our first Yukon. Once it's faulted you have clear it with the fob and turn the ignition all the way forward or it won't reset.
If it's factory try to find the fuse and pull it.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:58 AM

No, that didn't happen.It's factory and no it won't start, just goes into the alarm.Thanks for the suggestion.Now the battery is drained.It wouldn't happen to be connected to getting a new key fob?There wasn't anything before this recently.Except for changing the key fob and having battery issues.We had to charge it a few times recently.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:01 PM

Have you been getting the battery symbol on the dash after you turn off and remove the key?

How long since the fob was replaced?

Old 12-07-2014, 05:02 PM

We've been getting the battery symbol sometimes.Got the new fob a few days ago.Which fuse would be connected to the alarm?We tried to look in the manual and no luck.Thanks again.