PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Grrr...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Default RE: Grrr...

ORIGINAL: Tina514

While doing this she pushed down the black rubbery thing the windows go up to (sorry, I don't know if it has a name). No matter how much i try to put it back up and push the window up so it will stay, it just falls down again. It looks horrible.
If you're referring to the rubber trim molding around the window opening,there is a metal u-channel molded inside the rubber that fits onto the metal tab around the window frame. Take some pliers and gently pinch the u-channel together to make it grip tighter and push it back on. It shouldn't need to be glued in place.

And yes, my wife complains about no step also so I will eventually get the rock rail step for her....

Cheers,
Jim

Old 09-11-2006, 08:35 PM

That's surprising. Every H3 I saw at three area dealers had the factory tubular side steps. I tried to get the dealer to take them off because I'd rather have the removable steps and real rock rails. They wouldn't do it. Keep an eye on eBay or the forum classifieds; you should be able to find some some one's take-offs pretty cheap.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: SedonaBoundH3

That's surprising. Every H3 I saw at three area dealers had the factory tubular side steps. I tried to get the dealer to take them off because I'd rather have the removable steps and real rock rails. They wouldn't do it. Keep an eye on eBay or the forum classifieds; you should be able to find some some one's take-offs pretty cheap.
Sounds like they were trying to pry evey dollar they could out of the customers wallets. My dealership glady removed the grill guard from our H3. The only "dealer installed" option I got was the heavy floor matts.

I'm fortunate that my wifes been climbing in and out of tall 4wd's all her life, so no steps will ever disgrace the side of any 4x4 of mine. LOL
I may eventually get, or make some some rock sliders. Not to sure we really need them for the H3, but it never hurts, and is worth it if you drag a rock. They won't have any steps though. [&:]

Old 09-12-2006, 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Fireman

Sounds like they were trying to pry evey dollar they could out of the customers wallets.
Its been a year since we bought ours, but IIRC, there was no charge for the tube steps listed on the sticker so I didn't make a big issue out of it. Maybe Hummer included them in the Adventure Pkg for a time. If they'd given me a credit for them, I'd have bought the rock rails and removeable side steps.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

My wife is 5'2 and she uses them ALL the time. I had to get them for her as well. I got them on eBay for $200 brand new, but the black ones, not the chrome ones. She is willing to have me take them off if we start off-roading, but they do come in handy for older and shorter people

Old 09-12-2006, 03:07 PM

I gottem..But I never use them. I just step right in like there's nothing to it...Mind you, being 6'3 helps a little too.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

What about your wife? Or does she not matter lol

Old 09-12-2006, 04:15 PM

HA!

It's beneath her to be seen in anything but her Jag.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

WOW. I don't know what to say to that one. How about, I'm sorry?

Old 09-12-2006, 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

HA!

It's beneath her to be seen in anything but her Jag.

Quick Reply: Grrr...