PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Great Feeling...!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Default Great Feeling...!

Well, today was the annual "Shop With A Cop" day for our Sheriffs Office. We take local children to Wal-Mart with a $100.00 gift card and buy them clothes and gifts for their parents and a couple of toys for them. I shopped with a little girl named Donesha. She was a great kid with a great personality! We got her a cool pink coat that she wanted, some new shoes, gloves, hat and a couple of toys. We went over our $100.00 by the time it was all done and we were heading back to the front to check-out and we passed the bicycles. She saw this pink bike and I couldn't say no. I ended up buying her the bike and you should have seen the smile she had! What a great feeling seeing her light up like she did! All of the kids had a wonderful day and hopefully we made a difference. Other officers also dipped into their own pockets as well to do "a little more" for the kids. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, just wanted to share some of my "feel good" with everyone...

Old 12-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Default RE: Great Feeling...!

Wow jd..thats was so touching.[sm=smiley19.gif]..and awesome of you to do what you did..you should be very proud..hats off to you and you're fellow officers.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Good job....

Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 PM

That's AWESOME!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

jdrew; very exceptionally most cool!!That is the spirit. Happy Holidays!!!

Now fora story about a local shop w/ a cop in the Township directly to my north. This is a true story from last year. At the Walmart, there was Twp. PD, County Sheriff Dept., State Police doing theshop with kids and there was parents, there was even a Border Patrol officer and Fire Dept. guys. There was probably 25 fully marked cars out front in the parking area, a fire truck etc... It is just after dark, everybody is happy.

Some crack head druggy criminal walks into the store, stands in line like he is buying something thinkin he's gonna grab the cash in the drawer when it's his turn!!!! There are uniformed cops everywhere, in his register line, all over up front by the registers, he is apparently clueless. He gets to the front, makes his cash grab and runs..... for the door.....and gets about 5 feet..... before he is tackled by three Departments, firemen, and the Border Patrol????
All with kids and parents watching the entire act. What a moron! The great part is nobody was hurt, the crook was caught red handed, and everybody had a laugh that evening....well except for the crook. They showed store security camera vids of the specticle. Possibly the dumbest criminal ever?? We know where he spent the holidays.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:37 AM

i do that every year.only i dont get a gift card to use.me and a couple of my buddies will go and get 3 kids a year and take them shopping.i grew up dirt poor so i know what it feels like to not have a good christmas.and i really wish i could help more,but we do what we can.it doesnt matter how broke i am at the time,i always find a way

Old 12-12-2007, 08:04 AM

Thats awesome Moosenubs... I cant wait to do it again next year..

Here is the newspaper article.
http://www.courierpress.com/news/200...op-with-a-cop/

Old 12-12-2007, 02:44 PM

What a sweet moosenub!!!!

Seriously!!! AWESOME!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jdrew

Thats awesome Moosenubs... I cant wait to do it again next year..

Here is the newspaper article.
http://www.courierpress.com/news/200...op-with-a-cop/
That's a big fella in the picture....