PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Got two thumbs up in one day!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Default Got two thumbs up in one day!

I got two thumbs up in one day driving from Chicago to N. Wisconsin. Everyone always stares, heads turn,and kids point, but unless I hadn't noticed, I hadn't ever gotten a thumbs up before and I had made the sametrip a lot. It felt pretty good so I resolved to give every Hummer I see a thumbs up no matter which car I am driving. Neither car that gave the thumbs up was a Hummer. Did you get any thumbs up lately?Why don't Hummer drivers acknowledge one another on the road like some other cars do?

Lisa

Old 03-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Default RE: Got two thumbs up in one day!

I drive an H2 and had another 2 flash his lights at me the other day here in Toronto. Felt pretty good.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Haven't noticed any auto groups but the Corvette people going out of their way to acknowledge other owners. I have waved at other Hummer owners some and if they even look they just stare at you and go by. I have had quite a few teenagers take pictures of the H1s as I drive down the road with their camera phones. Also get lots of lookers in parking lots.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:53 AM

I don't bother anymore!!!

Old 03-18-2008, 07:12 AM

No other Hummer driver waves, flashes, etc. at another Hummer driver here in NJ.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Everynow and then another H1 owner will acknowledge you on the road but not often. Usually those that do are the ones I know.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 AM

I always wave!

Old 03-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Trey124

No other Hummer driver waves, flashes, etc. at another Hummer driver here in NJ.
Because there are 100's around here.... I don't even get a second look from a Hummer driver when they see the Hummer Forum sticker on my Deuce or Work Van...

and I know what you are talking about Lisa... I was back on my farm for Turkey Day last year and I saw an H2 and 1 H3 between Columbus OH and Jacksonville, IL... plenty of lookers though...My neighbor back home gets a new Ford F-350 Diesel every year and even he was impressed....

Old 03-18-2008, 02:28 PM

I always give a wave or a thumbs up, but there are so many Hummers around central florida, I hardly ever get a response. I do find that if I pass a hummer on the interstate or expressway, they usually get behind me and we run together until one of us exits.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Nobody even notices you in Detroit while in a Hummer. They are a dime a dozen and all over the place. [&o]

I will thumbs up anybody in a muscle car, classic car, or on an old school chopperthough.

Quick Reply: Got two thumbs up in one day!