PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Got dual rear tow shackles?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:43 PM

Yea zip tie special for now... Trail duty has a relocation kit that I'll prob get... I believe having a marker light is required by most states... I know Mr. Wilson's kit has a chain mount for the second D ring... I picked a few brains and went with a different approach... I hope it will work down the road if I go with another rear bumper setup...

Old 10-21-2011, 05:36 PM

Your shackle looks like it's bent Dan. Is it just the way the picture it taken?

Also, just get a H2 plate holder, it will fit in your rear tire just fine and it has a place for a bracket to mount a light for the plate. Just extend your wires for your plate light now. If you want it clean run it inside. take off the monsoon side panel and you can get to the wire loom gasket. I fit 2 video cables and my CB cable through that loom, it stretches quite a bit.

The H2 plate will bolt rite the wheel either with a through bolt or with one of the studs.

side view
Name:  SANY0174-1.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  125.5 KB

Photo's a bit blurry but you can see the CB cable going up through the vent. I just cut a corner off one of the flaps so the flap still closes with the cable going through it.
Name:  SANY0289.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  115.4 KB

Old 10-21-2011, 06:00 PM

Brodie... Not sure to be 100% honest with you... Are you referring to the bumper bracket or the mount plate? The bumper bracket could be the cause since its obviously designed for the other side... The fit wasnt perfect but w/ my torch and big f-ing hammer I got it really close!

I'm content with how it looks until a different comes into play... I just don't know if they would be impacted fit wise by the other bumper bracket being on there now, if they do, I guess I'd have to "manipulate" them a little too

Old 10-21-2011, 06:01 PM

How come the drivers side corner trim by the bumper was off in YOUR pic Brodie?

Old 10-21-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
How come the drivers side corner trim by the bumper was off in YOUR pic Brodie?
I was wondering if your shackle is bent. It's what connects your leaf spring to the frame mount, the driver side one under where you mounted your new hook. It might just be the angle but it looks bent to me, both legs on it are suppose to be strait.

I'm building a wrap around bumper that will replace them soft corners. I'm going to start entering some trail cross events with my friends to get my racing fix since I had to sell my race car. One of the rules is time deduction for damage. I've never broken one of them corners but I've popped them off before.

You can see it here. I got it mocked up to make sure the length, center and clearance was correct. That was the hard part. Now i just got to make it look cool. I'm building up as high as it will allow for maximum clearance. You can see I'm going to be able to get rid of 2.5/3" of clearance rite behind the rear tires.
Name:  SANY0027.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  248.2 KB

Old 10-21-2011, 07:56 PM

Hmmm... Straight you say? I'll have to look at them in the morning but pretty sure both are bent... Any Ridgedemon shackles I need to know about? Looks like I'll be buying some tomorrow...

Old 10-21-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
Hmmm... Straight you say? I'll have to look at them in the morning but pretty sure both are bent... Any Ridgedemon shackles I need to know about? Looks like I'll be buying some tomorrow...
You can see them in the picture above.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:27 PM

Sent you a text...