PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Got a CEL the other day

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Default Got a CEL the other day

I was pulling out of the garage last week, headed for work, and I noticed the Check Engine Light was illuminated. I figured - O2 sensor was bad. Engine was running fine so, maybe the rear cat monitor sensor. I drove straight to the Chevy dealer that took over the Hummer dealer's service recently (same family dealership owner though)and added a few more items to the list to check since I was there anyway. Was on my way in a few minutes with a loaner 2008 H3.

When I picked up the rig two days later they had replaced the O2 sensor, found a short in the heated seat circuit that was popping the fuse last winter every time I started the engine with the heated seat switch on and scheduled me to come in this week for a windshield trim replacement for the highway-speed whistle I was hearing.

Took the rig in this week and, when I picked it up, they had replaced the entire windshield. Holy crap - I was expecting a trim adjustment and they stick a whole new windshield in? Did a great job, I have to say - besides the smell of the rear-view mirror bracket glue and a chip-free windshield, I could not tell they had replaced it. There were no signs the entire trim set had been pulled to install it. For the most part, the whistle is gone. You can barely hear something but I attribute that to the antenna, tires and brick-like profile of the vehicle. The Alpha issomewhat quieter than the base H3 loaners I've driven to date so other sounds are more noticeble.

Overall, I give the Chevy dealer 8 out 10 for customer satisfaction. The only annoyances were shoe dirt scuff marks on the door trim andhand-sized sweat marks on the rear seats (they covered the front with plastic). Btw, the dealer is Bachman in Louisville, KY.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Default RE: Got a CEL the other day

Very COOL!!!!