PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Got an accident Today

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Default Got an accident Today

It snowed two days ago and the road was still uncleared due to the extremely low temperature (highest 5 and lowest -5). This moring I made a right turn at an uncontrolled local intersection. My speed is like 5 to 10 mph since I was using shift 1 and there was a big gap at the intersection. When I was in my half-way I was hit by a Chevy Cavalier. The car hit my left rear side. There was some damages on the left side rear door and the step bar was pushed down a little bit. Overall it's not too bad I think I should say thank to the strong structure of H3. The cavalier's front hook was damaged, much worse than mine.

The cop said it was my fault and gave me a ticket for failing yield while I could not fully agree with him. He pushed my to sign for guilty and I rejected. My speed is extremely low on the icy road and I think the other car was too fast otherwise his damage wouldn't be so bad.

OK. My accident story finished.

Here is my problem. I turned the engine on to keep warm before the cop came (it took at least 40 minutes for him to come). The truck is good. While when the cop came. I turned off the car and talked with the policeman. However, when I came back to my H3 and it won't start. All the electronic devices worked, but the engine won't start. After 5-minutes try, it finally started. Did any body have similar experience? It is because of the crash or low temp? I drive an alpha. Thanks.

Last edited by Shale; 12-10-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-10-2009, 06:57 PM

Probably because of the cold, if it was crash related it wouldnt start again after 5 minutes.

but that cop is a jerk. i would have tied his leg to the back hook of the H3 and dragged him down the road. how can it be your fault for going very slow through an uncontrolled intersection? take it to court

Old 12-10-2009, 11:02 PM

I'm not a lawyer, but depending on the state, an uncontrolled intersection usually dictates that the second driver in the intersection yields, OR the vehicle to the left yield ROW. From your description, I'd say you were techically not at fault either way.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:33 PM

Sorry about your accident. Seems that the accidents are usually blamed on the car that was hit closest to the front, but I am no lawyer.

Here is the crazy related non-start issue I had when receiving my H3 from the dealer. I just signed all the paperwork and the salesman was getting the keys for my vehicle and he pressed the panic button on the back of the remote and the horn started blowing. Then we went to the vehicle right outside his door sitting on the showroom floor and he started demonstrating all the gadgets and then he opened the big glass doors and I was to drive out and be on my merry way. I turned the ignition and zip. The motor/starter made absolutely no sound. Appears that we set off the security system and had to wait 10 minutes or so without fiddling with anything, and then it started right up. A little anticlimactic first experience with my Hummer.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:39 PM

Anticlimactic, but nice- didnt realize the security system could do that