PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Good price??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Default Good price??

I have a 2007 H2 with 58,000 miles. It is loaded! 3rd row seat navigation, back up camera plus leather and all the usual I'm wanting some advice on what a fair price to sell it would be. Thank you

Old 04-25-2011, 08:43 PM
There are three web sites that you can visit that will help you determine the value of your H2. Each of them allow you to enter variables such as mileage, factory options and an assessment based on how clean the vehicle.

Each one of the sites provide you with a price that basically translates to one of the following:

1) Trade In Value (Lowest Price)
2) Wholesale Price (Price that a Dealer will pay possibly at auction)
3) Retail (This is what you can expect to pay for it at a dealer)

You will want to get all three prices from each of the 3 sites so that you can average the prices out and set the price of the vehicle. Don't expect to get dealer retail price for it as these are typically the highest of the three values. You will probably want to price it somewhere between the wholesale price and Retail price.

At the end of the day you will have to decide how much you want to sell the vehicle for. These web sites will provide you with tools to set your price.

You should know that when I used them while I was researching my recent purchase of my H3 Alpha the combination of the three sites was spot on accurate within a few hundred bucks for the price the dealers were asking in my area (Chicago suburbs).

Here are the sites that you can use:

www.edmunds.com
www.nadaguides.com
www.kbb.com

NADA Guides is the one that a ton of dealers use to set their prices. This is also the one that generates the highest prices.

I hope this information helps and let me know how it turns out for you.