PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

gonna be a few more weeks till I'm back in the loop

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Default RE: gonna be a few more weeks till I'm back in the loop

here's the latest................ the have over 200 ton of dirt on the side of the hole for the pool ( so the job foreman said ) problem is that they piled the dirt in front of the backhoe as he worked backward (hard to explain) Now that the hole for the pool is finished they just realized that they don't have enough room between my deck and the hole to fit a front end loader to get to the pile of dirt to haul it awaySO after an hour meeting they decided that the only thing they could do is to take down the pile with a bobcat...one bucket full at a time......it's gonna take them forever He STARTED to ask if he could take down my second floor deck to make room, when I told him he would have to build me a NEW one he quickly changed gearsThis is starting to get comical.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:46 PM

Impy, you're taking this way better than most. The damage alone they did to your property would have been enough to spin me in to a dimension of pi$$ed off you just simply don't want me in! Now this on top of it!? I'mpersonally thinking I'm investing in a season pass to the closest water park instead of having a pool put in on my property LOL!

In any case, hope things work out sooner rather than quickly .. .sounds like you have a bunch of clowns working for ya too ... hey .. how about smackin' up the cam corder while they are out there, I'm sure we can all share a couple of chuckles with ya :-)

Old 03-29-2007, 06:53 PM

I have plenty of pics...just can't get my digi camera and my laptop to work together. I don'tthink the toshiba laptop and the sony camera like each other.

I learned to not let chit like this **** me off anymore, life's too short. The way I look at it is that at least I am getting some entertainment for my money

Old 03-29-2007, 07:05 PM

OK, I'm confused LOL..if there was a pool built there 30 years ago..why are they digging a new one rather than re-doing the old one? We have built 1 pool/no jacuzzi($20K - 14 years ago)and basically totally redone another pool/jacuzzi($8K 6 years ago) And here I thought our pool building experience was comical and a bit hellish! That pool was basically built single handedly by a gentleman who would show up still drunk from the night before as well as hung over and then tell me all about it!!! LOL. (It did turn out nice in the end tho 3 months later.)

To those who have never experienced the pool build...all contracts state they are not liable for damages to property in clear print (plus often they sub out much of the work)...you disagree or don't sign..you DON'T get your pool built! If you refuse to pay the ending balance due to damages or disatisfaction...they slap a lien on your home in a NY second (which then clouds your title until lien is satisfied)

Old 03-29-2007, 07:14 PM

sure they do Killer..I have an 8 year old (dinosaur) sony digital and a 2 year old toshiba laptop...what have you got set upwise? Does the camera have a smartstick?? Does the laptop have a slot for a smartstick or the dazzle smartstick adaptor that slides out on the side or back??(about the size of a credit card)???

Old 03-31-2007, 03:53 AM

the pool that was originally built 33 years ago collapsed, the walls caved in and half my backyard eroded into the hole. So even though the pool hole was there it didn't look like a pool anymore. Plus back then they over-dug 12" past the pool size and installed cement footings, now they overdig 36" more than the pool size and pour a full cement collar around the pool that attaches the wall stringers into the ground so it will never collapse again. So the excavators first removed the collapsed cement sidewalks and patios around the pool that had fallen into the hole, then they dug up the old cement footings, that was a total of 6 ton of cement. They then tore out the old steel walls, liner,and all plumbing and threw that into another dumpster. Once the old pool was out of the hole they mapped out the new pool acording to the topography survey and basically dug the new pool as if the old one was never there.

Here is the newest update that I haven't told you about yet..... when I signed the pool contract I was quoted $800 for a dry-well if we ran into a ground water problem.....I live 4 blocks from the ocean....DUH!!! Ya think we may have a ground water problem....esecially in March?!?!?! The excavator knocked on the door yesterday and told me that we have a terrible water problem and they are pumping 400 gallons an hour and can't keep up with it. He said that the solution is to dig the entire pool 20" deeper and 20" wider and backfill the 20" with gravel and cement. They also need to install a permanant dry well pump up near my filter that will pump my well dry whenever the pool is running....now I never needed this before but then again the idiots are also trying to dig less than 2 weeks after my backyard finally thawed...DUH!!! He then gave me a form with the new water situation plans to sign, after careful reading I see that I owe him another $3900 for labor and for 50 ton of stone. So I called the salesman I bought the pool from who happens to be the president of the company ( he wanted to come out personally because my pool was the first one he sold as a young salesman 33 years ago) I told him of the problem and he flipped out and said not to worry. 10 minutes later the excavator comes to my door and says he just got off the phone with the president of the company and that there will be no additional charge for the work. I got a call from the president today an said that they are giving me a free fiber optic light show package and a free automatic vacumn to appologize for the problems.....it's good to deal to with the man in charge!

About my laptop and camera I found out the problem.....my usb ports aren't working at all. Me thinks they aren't plugged in or something. I'm bringing it back to best buy this weekend when I get some time.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:01 AM

hehehehe....I never thought of the card reader. I do have one of those and never knew it....damn I feel dumb now...lmao.

BTW...the pool guys that are actually hand leveling and connecting the plumbing and stuff are a group of mexican guys. I was looking out the window and one guy was standing on top of the steel wall and another was handing him bags of cement and vermiculite (mix it together to form a strong but yet somewhat soft floor) anywho...the guy was handing him the bags real nice and it was going smooth till the guy on the wall yelled at the guy on the ground to hurry up....well the guy on the ground got pissed and threw the 50lb bag of cement at the guy on the wall, hit him square in the chest.....all you saw was a cloud of cement dust and a little mexican guy go flying off the wall into the pool hole. crappy day for him cause he was standing over the 10' deep part of the hole...that was still all gravel

Old 03-31-2007, 04:07 AM

one more thing.....the space between the hole and my house isn't big enough for them to fit a big front end loader to pick up the huge mound of dirt.......but it's perfect sizeto fit the h3I made it damn near to the top of the pile when I heard it.....the voice....yup my wife woke up from her nap earlier than I had anticipatedSO now I am once again in the doghouseI should really get a more comfy couch cause I been sleeping on it a lot lately

Old 03-31-2007, 09:50 AM

Darn, I'm thinkin Id have said just fill in that SOB and forget it! LOL.
And yep..card reader silly man...no one should have to use cables and USB ports these days!

Old 03-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Well I can't fix your pool, but I bet I know what your USB port problem is. Windows XP disables power to the USB ports if they detect they aren't being used. The problem is when you plug something into them, it won't detect it because they are turned off. I'll PM you my number and if you want to call me, I can walk you through disabling that.

Quick Reply: gonna be a few more weeks till I'm back in the loop