PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

gonna be a few more weeks till I'm back in the loop

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Default RE: gonna be a few more weeks till I'm back in the loop

$47,000 pool..Holy Shipwreck...My, your labor costs there are high as hell...Is itOlympic size?[sm=insomnia.gif]

Anyways good luck...use some of that Jersey Charm on them and keep them in line..

Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 PM

When you get that pool finished and take your first dive ... it'll all be worth it.

I hope! [8D]

Old 03-28-2007, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

$47,000 pool..Holy Shipwreck...My, your labor costs there are high as hell...Is itOlympic size?[sm=insomnia.gif]

$47,000.......................................HOLY JUMPIN ****!!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 10:42 PM

Well Mike I know your wife has a beautiful name
Now we need pic of her near the pool in her bikini

Old 03-28-2007, 10:50 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

well, the company that is building my pool is the same company tht built the first one 35 years ago. It turns out that they use the same excavation company to do the dig outs and teh guy that is digging my pool is the same guy that dug the first one. The contracts say that the excavating company is not responsible for any property/landscape damage caused by the normal use of equipment needed to build the pool. They are going to fix my fence, I just found that out a few minutes ago...the rest I am SOL! Teh driveway is the worst, as soon as he took the backhoe off the trailer and drove onto my driveway the tracks broke through the blacktop and sunk down through the sand/clay base below the blacktop. Of course he kept going and tore two nice track paths down my 60 foot long diveway. If I could get my digi camera to work with this aptop I would show you pictures of it all. what a friggen mess!
Ouch man sorry to hear that...but...look on the bright side. Your driveway is now compacted nice and tight~! Put down fresh asphalt and you should be gtg!

Old 03-28-2007, 11:18 PM

Mike this would of been cheaper.

[IMG]local://upfiles/111/F1C309FA7A8F4F9EBFBB7D20892D4CDB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2007, 12:03 AM

Them not being liable for damage is bullsht. You take their a$$es to court and just see how responable the judge makes them...there is a parking lot that says park at own risk owner are not responsable for loss damage etc...my friend had his truck broken into and he sued them and that sign did not mean crap they were responsable and they had to pay....[:@][:@][X(]

Old 03-29-2007, 03:11 AM

I am making a few calls later this afternoon to see if I have any course of action to take. I could see letting it go but this thing is costing me a small fortune as it is, to fix their mess-ups is putting me way way over budget. I priced out a new white vinal privacy fence last night and the cheapest rate I got was $7800....OUCH!!!!

Dennis, the pool is big I guess, seems normal to me cause I grew up with the old one which was the same size as this one is going to be. It is 20'x40', 3.5' deep low end and 8.5' in the deep end. Comes with a spring dive and a 4 foot jaquzzi (sp?) attached to the end of the low end. I'm super exited to see it all done, it should be pretty awesome....especially if my house is still standing after this excavator gets done...at this rate that is a big if.

I downloaded the proper software driver thing for my dii camera so I should have pics to show you all tomorrow.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:45 AM

So when it's done we are haveing a pool party

Old 03-29-2007, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

and Dennis, I have already paid for half the job, so if I fire them now I am out $23,500. That would be bad
Holy hell, that's not a pool you're diggin, that's a LAKE, at least based on the price! When I had mine quoted (still on the fence on this so no buy yet) they asked 22 grand for a 10 foot deep diving pool in 36x18 T shaped size. I think the fence we were looking at was an additional 6,700 for the wooden one and about 17 grand and changeif we went with the cast iron/stone pillar setup I want ... Granted, with this said I should probably add the pool is retail cost through a company here but everything else is cost plus 10% as a good friend of mine works for a builder and she hooks us up with some great deals. If I recall correctly the 600 some sqf stone deck we're having put in this year is $1,100 plus material and I'm getting that at costplus 10 too... can't beat that!

Quick Reply: gonna be a few more weeks till I'm back in the loop