PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Going to update to HID's!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Default RE: Going to update to HID's!

Hey guys.

I am new here but I heard a few days ago that SIG automotive / STARR HID is dumping product in the market because they have major problems with the owner of the patent. STARR HID is not the owner of the technology they claim they own. They bought one lot of product from a plant in Asia. The owner of the patent is a company in Canada called ACA Performance Inc. who is the owner of the product sold by STARR HID. Do a search on yahoo and see how ACA has been selling the product for years.

Don’t tell me later I never told you!![/align]

Old 12-11-2007, 10:10 PM

I'm using the silverstar ultras and they work great out of the box. Easy to install and much brighter than the standards.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:51 AM

interesting....i don't know what"dumping the product" really means, orif whatever information you're alluding to even presents an issue.I tried to search and review any "information" through the net, but have found nothing whatsoever.
However, rather than beat around the bush and speculate on something I know nothing about,let's run it straight to the president of SIG (keith robinson)and see whathis "official" response is. I've emailed him, specifically regarding your comments, and will relay his/their response.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:59 AM

Let's see what they have to say....From what I underestand, keith robinson is the brother in law with someone at Predator Motorsports how has been selling the H1 and H2 lights for years.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:09 PM

If that means I can pick a set up for less money, then

I just put a pair of yellow H10 bulbs in the fog lights - the xenons would complete my lighting upgrade!

Old 12-12-2007, 02:43 PM

Several, if not the majority,of the primary online Hummer accessory dealersare sellingSTARR HID's and speak both highly of the product and the support. Regardless, below is the email response from Keith Robinson with regard to the question of patent infringement or "dumping parts".

Hello Tracy,

This is an interesting question as I have heard nothing of this concern from anyone to date. Either way, I will answer this for you. The Canadian company that you refer to, ACA Performance, is owned by a Canadian named Alex Cuellar. Alex and ACA do not hold patents that govern this product anywhere inside of North America. We verified this before investing in the development of the molds for the H3 light. Also, ACA Performanceis a bankruptcompany that recently had to liquidate its warehouse of products in order to settle some of its substantial debt. Alex has come to SIG Automotive on two separate occasions to ask for loans.

With regards to "dumping product", who says we are "dumping product"? You can not find our light sets on Ebay… the regular dumping ground of some online companies (unless they are second hand or being sold by a distributor without our sanctioning). The H3 sales have been slow. That said, there are also other (cheaper) alternatives which some H3 owners’ may elect totake. One such alternative is the use of an HID conversion kit.This type of kit plugs into thehalogen housing, however,it tends to ruin the performance ofthe lighting system and doesn’t produce half as much usable light as our application (it is also expensive for the benefits at $300 to $400 for a set that carries a seemingly useless warranty).

Because of these slow sales, our companyhasbeen looking for ways to jumpstart sales: the idea is that if you get enough people discussing the true difference of the lights they will begin to educate their peers and fellow enthusiasts. That being said, we have only had one "promotional sale" and one "price reduction" to date. First,a sale earlier this year, across the board, that gave a $400 gift certificate to anyone who purchased a set of HID lights. Second, recently we've offered a price reduction tothe MSRP of the H3 HID light set from $1049, to $899.99, in a continued effort togenerate interestwith respect toprice sensitivity ofa target market. This is a $150 reduction in the MSRP; hardly the tactics of "dumping product". However, the MSRP of the H1 and H2 sets have remained consistant.

Recently we have played with the idea of doing a group buy, as many manufactures have done, however this is a move meant to only further promote the light. In the end, the consumer is the winner because they receive the highest quality (and DOT approved) light in the market place fora priceless than MSRP. However, we still have not yet committedto the terms of a formal group buy, buthave openly discussed it with some of our associates and the administrators of some key Hummer communities.

I hope that I have answered your question, let me know if I can answer anything further for you.

Regards, Keith

Old 12-12-2007, 07:39 PM

[hr]
[/align]OMG, this is funny, really funnyLMAO.

My sources at Predator Motorsports here in San Diegotell me that Keith is not only the President at SIG Automotive, he is also the secretary, the accountant, the shipper and the receiver, general manager and also he answers the phone. Some times he is also tech suport and QC manager.

This is a fly by night company. The product is "grate" but they do not own it and they will not be able to supply it in the future. Their marketing skills talk for themselves. Their inventory is at zero and if any vendor wants to buy 50 kits, SIG can not supply any more.

If only people were honest and made a dollar honestly, things like this would not happen. It is the way we all were raised. Take an opportunity and ride it... Keith and his people saw and opportunity and they wanted to ride it, butthey failed.

We need to learn how to make a dollar the honest way... Working. Yes, it is painful, but it works.

Good luck

Old 12-16-2007, 10:36 AM

I got my HID's from www.fashtek.com. Youhave the option to get the standard 35watt or the 50watt kit. Thehigh beam option on the 50wattkitsaren't brighter the bulb just moves up for a higher aim. I think it's cuz the bulb isn't getting any brighter. I'm lazy so I took it somewhere to get installed.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:08 PM

Sorry, i just saw your post
I was gone over the holidays

I have removed fuse number 39 which turns on the daytime running lights (headlights) for the 2007 model H3
I have no daytime running lights, which I don't want any way.
The HID headlights will turn on automatically when it gets dark outside

The SIG lights are the best
Those retro kits are not any H3 owner should install
Those kits throw light out in a uncontrolled beam in the stock
headlight housing
HID projection lights are an entire lighting system

Old 12-29-2007, 04:27 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: tmoody

Concerning the stuff written here about SIG Automotive
I have spoken with Keith, at SIG Automotive and he has been helpful and responsive.
He does not seem like a "make a buck today and run tomorrow kinda guy"
If these lights were not DOT approved, i might have some concerns. However, since they are,
that means they go through a serious government testing procedure.
Not something a fly by night business would really deal with.
The Hummer dealer, here in Reno, NV has even installed these lights for some of their customers,
who have purchased them.
Again, I doubt whether a dealer would want to install a product they didn't believe in
I'm glad you and I are the ones who are so happy with these lights
And I don't run my DRL's, I have pulled fuse #39

Quick Reply: Going to update to HID's!