PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Going to be gone for a few days

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Default Going to be gone for a few days

I got bit by a black widow spider this morning and am having a real bad reaction so my doctor is putting me in the hospital[:@][:@] Hope to be back in a fe days, hold down the fort!!!

Old 10-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Default RE: Going to be gone for a few days

Damn bro..Take it easy..Hope it clears up soon for ya![:@]

Old 10-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Woah man that is bad. Don't go crocodile hunter on us! Take care of yourself! I hope you will be OK. I'll watch Dennis for you while you are away!

Old 10-10-2006, 07:51 PM

Man, I feel for ya. Even the sight of a black widow would make me run like a little girl.Name:  scared.gif
Views: 4
Size:  8.1 KB

Hope everything goes good for you.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:30 AM

Thanks for the words guys!

I just got home now, I signed out against doctors advice. The hospital is full and the er doc. said I would have to stay on a stretcher in the ER hallway until a room opened, the old guy ahead of me had a stroke and was waiting on a gurney in the same hall as me....he was there for 53 hours!!!! No way I was going to stay on a strecher in a hallway for two days so I left. My docs gonna be pissed but he'll get over over it. Hell they couldn't even give me anti-venom because I only have one kidney so bieng there was kinda useless anyway. I'm not a bible beater but hopefully god watches ove me for the next few days.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:55 AM

Well...In most cases the BW bite is only locally painful with some edema..Normally the venom isn't strong enough to hurt most people of reasonable health..I realize your body is a little run down from the previous illnesses you've had and that is a reason for concern...

Quick fix cure-all..From my native american grandmother...
Apple Cider Vinagar..Raw, unspasturized, unfiltered, "With the Mother"...You can get it at most health food stores.

2 caps full in 8 oz of water, twice a day for as long as you want...it is a wonderful healing tonic..trust me, this is no bull****..it works FOR EVERYTHING FROM MIGRAINE HEADACHES TO ANYTHING THAT AILS YOU!

Old 10-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

That's F'ing rediculous. Let me tell you a story.

My wife last December had all the symptoms of a heart attack. We went to my hospital that USED to be great. They made her wait almost 2 hours. The pressure was getting so bad she almost collapsed. Her mother came and literally had to yell at them to admit her. It turns out she had inflamed muscles froma car crash two weeks before that was putting pressure on her heart and chest. They pumped her full of motrin and she got better.

A few months ago in a hospital about 30 miles from here, another incident happened where a 49 year old man was admitted to the ER for having heart attack symptoms. He sat in the waiting room for an hour. While he was in the triage area, the nurse walked away for just a minute. When she came back, the man had his heart attack, and died, JUST because those morons wouldn't take him and give him the appropriate care.

The family went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court to get permission to sue the hospital for reckless homocide. The supreme court gave the approval to go throuhg with the case, sighting that there was definitely neglecence.

What the hell has this world come to, where a man who could have been alive right now, died at the one place that could have saved their lives?

I understand you get busy, but train your damn people to diagnose a problem properly. A man is dead because they made him wait and spend the last minutes of his life with is family in the ER waiting to help him. I'm still outraged by this, because my wife could have had the same thing happen to her. If her chest muscles kept inflaming, she could have had a heart attack because of the pressure on her heart. I would have used every single attorney in my litigation department to go after them with everything I could.

So, when I hear about this, I take it a little more personal. Tell you Doctor if he's pissed at you that maybe if there was adequate staff at the hospital you would be there. A man with a stroke sitting on a stretcher for two days?

Like I said, what is this world coming to?

Do you know what the ironic thing about all this is? Most of the people in that waiting room where my wife was had no insurance or ID, because many were illegal immigrants, and they were admitted before her, who had everything. And NO that is not a racist remark. Considering my wife is Mexican and Peurto Rican, I wouldn't even go there.

Her mother works at a big hostpital in Chicago, and tells us about the horror stories. I have had the same doctor since I was 6 months old, and I have absolutely no faith in ERs these days, except the one down the street from where I presently live.

I don't blame the doctors one bit. I blame the mismanagement of the hospitals these days.

I hope you are ok. You need to stick with us on the Forum today and tomorrow. If we see you aren't posting anymore, then Dennis will come and rescue you!!!!

Old 10-11-2006, 03:24 PM

so far so good. The black widows we have in the north east are very dangerous actually a guy up the street from me died from two bites last year. It got me pretty damn good, my arms swelled so big that my bracelet that I have worn since my dad died without ever taking it off actually broke off when I was sleeping Sunday night. my fingers were swollen so bad I couldn't move them and I got a rash similiar to real bad poisen ivy over most of my body....painful and itchy chit! my BP went up to 189 over 142 at it's highest. Basically how my doc described it is that the venom from the BW sting gets picked up in your bloodstream and attacked all major muscle groups, so it makes you start to spasm and cramp real bad in your arms,legs,back and abdomen. I had this real bad on sunday night and monday...not fun at all. Only fear is that the venom carries to the lungs and heart and once they start to spasm and cramp...say goodby, but this has to happen within 24 hours cause it's a quick moving toxin, so I am safe. Onlt thing I have to worry about is that my musle enzyme levels are vey high because of the venom. Normal is 100 mine is at around 1100. if it hits 2000 my kidney will shut down, but they feel the worst has passed since we are going on 3 days from the bite now. Well, I'll check in to let ya'll know I'm ok, gotta go back to have more blood drawn at 2 pm today.

Mike, in any ER here in NJ, you have to expect a 4-8 hour wait BEFORE bieng seen by a doctor. I am there alot with my medical history and I have never seen anyone taken in without sitting in the waiting room for 4-6 hours, trick is to get taken in by ambulance, then you go right in

Old 10-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

How are you doing with this mess? Did everything clear up for you OK?