PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

GM Touring Exhaust vs. GM Performance Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Default RE: GM Touring Exhaust vs. GM Performance Exhaust

My Magnaflow dual tipped exhaust doesn't give that annoying popping and backfiring when you let off the gas. I was a little worried about that and how noisy it may or may not be.

I went to Magnaflows website, they have video with audio of takeoff and ride by of the H3 with their exhaust. Yea, it sounded cool on the video but it's hard to tell what they sound like in person on in cabin.

I'm tickled with the Magnaflow system. It's got a low rumble, deeper and mellow but not loud, sounds like I wanted it to sound. Not much cabin noise, a little but not bad. My wife doesn't seem to mind it at all and said it doesn't sound much louder than the stock exhaust. So if my wife doens't find it offensive I dooubt anyone else will either.

I got mine delivered for $448.00 and mine is the stainless version. Looks like the Borla or factory GM performance exhaust too and also carries a lifetime warranty.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:41 AM

I put the Performance exhaust on my H3, and I like it.
The pipes are cool on the tail, and the dual exhaut tips really give the truck a sporty look. I used the dual wall, angled tips.
Sound is pretty close to what was recorded on the post above.

I used my dealer to have the install done. The truck needed to go to their delivery facilty to have the work done. GM Mechanics had to take the old cat back system off and install the new one.
Cost was about $1100 installed. I didn't think that was too bad.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 AM

Lex,
Did they retune your engine or PCM for the new exhaust?

Old 04-09-2007, 04:42 PM

Good question. Should they have?

Old 04-09-2007, 05:08 PM

Yes..it would have made the difference from stock exhaust and the performance exhaust.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:57 AM

Is there a code that the dealer needs to plug into the PCM?
What doI need to tell the service advisor to look for? Or should I just tell him that the Performance exhaust system has been installed, and the motor needs to be calibrated to it?

Old 04-10-2007, 10:44 AM

That's the problem..the dealer has a stock PCM program..I could be wrong, but I don't think the average tech knows enough about the programming to be able to set it up specifically for the exhaust or even tire sizes...That's where the experts come in..PCMforless...Better hurry, their special is off after today.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:57 AM

So I found this information on the GM Performance Exhaust and engine re-tune.

"The only difference a retune will make is in the Ignition Advance Curve. Your FI will adjust to the difference and can adjust to +5%. You will not really see a benefit in a retune with just an exhaust system. You stock computer will "learn" the change and adjust."

Does this sound like a true statement????

Old 07-26-2007, 07:40 AM

I found the GM Hummer Touring exhaust at Lynch Hummer. $724 sound like a good price? It does not include the tips!

Old 08-30-2007, 07:25 AM

I just ordered the GM Sport Exhaust. Comes with chrome tips included. PN-10033001. Cost $592 and is a clearance item at GMPD. Limited supply!!
Someone said these are made by B&B.

Quick Reply: GM Touring Exhaust vs. GM Performance Exhaust