PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

GM Touring Exhaust vs. GM Performance Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Default GM Touring Exhaust vs. GM Performance Exhaust

Does anyone know the difference in performance/sound between the GM Performance Exhaust (GM Part #19154703) vs. the GM Touring Exhaust (GM Part #17802015)? The Touring model seems to be more expensive but I have no clue.
Thanks...

Old 03-22-2007, 01:14 AM
Default RE: GM Touring Exhaust vs. GM Performance Exhaust

I believe the touring is not quite as loud .. anyone else care to chime in here?

Old 03-22-2007, 11:58 AM

That is what I was told - also the Touring has a chrome body - having a sport performance exhaust installed on my new H3!

Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 PM

I am looking for one to add performance but I personally don't want the rumble or added noise so I am not sure which one to buy. Any thoughts?

Old 03-22-2007, 03:41 PM

Isn't the GM Perf exhaust a corsa cat back? I thought it was .. if so the sport is louder than the touring .. If you're not looking for rumble I'd say the later but I didn't think the sport was bad at all (had it for 2.5 years on a 5.7L vortec) ... throaty yes, overly loud with lots of drone .. no! On the H3 I'm not sure .. haven't heard them .. Assuming this is infact Corsa go to www.corsaperf.com and see if they have audio clips for your vehicle.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:16 PM

I also heard they were made by Corsa. I had a chance to sit in a Brand new H3 with a GM Performance(sport) exhaust installed and rev it up a little- they wouldn't let me drive it. I thought it sounded real nice, not too loud. Looked underneath the truck and it looked like it was well made with nice chrome tips with the H3 logo on them.Everyone has a different take on sound and performance.GM eliminates the large muffler under the cab and keeps the one across the rear. Gibson eliminates the rear muffler. Magnaflow keeps both with their "straight thru" muffler design. It'll be hard to add performance without at least a little rumble. Most are quality products with varying degrees of "rumble" and performance and it's hard to choose without being able to hear each one. The one problem I have with GM Performance is that my dealer wanted $1250 installed. OUCH! The cheapest I saw on-line was about $900 shipped. If you bought one from a dealer I hope they gave you a good price.
We'll have to get all the H3 owners together and have a "Rumble Off".
Good Luck which whoever you choose![sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 03-22-2007, 08:18 PM

1250 ?? that is INSANE !!! [8D]

I had a full turbo back 3" all stainless exhaust on my last car and it was cheaper then that GM exhaust.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:49 PM

GMPartsdirect.com has three different models:
For the H3 Sport Exhaust (aftermarket)
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=10033001
For the H3 GMTouring Exhaust
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=17802015
For the H3 GM Performance Exhaust

They all seem fairly easy to install, no welding, just clamps. I can't find any information on their sound. Would I have to get any re-tuned on the H3 if I purchased one on these? Sorry I just do not have much experience with exhaust systems.
Thanks...

Old 03-23-2007, 12:05 AM

oops. forgot the link for the GM performance exhaust
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=19154703

Old 03-23-2007, 02:51 PM

The Performance Exhaust System looks pretty nice in the pic, I am wondering if it is kind of a smoked color like the pic or is it just the pic that makes it look dark.

READ THE FINE PRINT: "Exhast Tips Not Included"

Quick Reply: GM Touring Exhaust vs. GM Performance Exhaust