PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

GM Performance Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Default RE: GM Performance Dual Exhaust

ORIGINAL: naluboy

The only reason I was going the GM way was to not risk voiding the warranty. I called the service guy just to inquire about what I could install w/o voiding the warranty and all I got was an earful of him saying the word "NOTHING!". "How 'bout 18" rims? Air Intake? Exhaust? HID lights?" "NOTHING!" I was so close to throwing in a sarcastic "Gas?", but he knew who I was so I bit my tongue...

I'm really thinking about getting either the Corsa or Borla, haven't made up my mind yet, I gotta research more about whether it would void the warranty or not[:@]
Actually GM has a disclaimer that says anything added that increases horsepower or torque voids the drive train warranty. But your sevice manager determines that. If the guy is tellin' you none than it was a mistake to buy it there.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:18 PM

That disclaimer whoever told you, is BS!...A little artical called the Magnuson Moss Act refutes that.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:59 PM

ok Guys, Just a question. G-Style has an exaust system from Gibson for the 06-07. I am taking my 07 H3 to Ginsons shop in Corona Ca. tomorrow morning. They are using my H3 as their test H3 for their new 2007 system. So i'm not too sure if the 06 system will work with the 07 since they are giving it to me for free. I'll post pic under the exhaust page just as soon as i get the H3 back, which should be later on this week.

Ernie & Lexi

Old 05-29-2007, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

That disclaimer whoever told you, is BS!...A little artical called the Magnuson Moss Act refutes that.
Why are you screaming Dennis? I saw the GM document. I tried to find it again but couldn't. Shoulda saved it.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:52 AM

In answer to your question - yes I have the GM Performance Sport Exhaust on my H3 - the sound reminds me of my old 2001 Corvette - I love the sound of the rumble especially at down-shifts!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: D VADER

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Why are you screaming Dennis? I saw the GM document. I tried to find it again but couldn't. Shoulda saved it.
That ain't screaming..THIS IS SCREAMING!!!!!...See the difference?......

The Magnuson Moss Act is available to read...GM document or not, what you said is still BS!..

Old 05-29-2007, 12:28 PM

flowmaster orginal 40

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_59679/tm.htm

sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhfwNUYQgt4

Old 05-29-2007, 01:01 PM

I don't think I care for the snare and pop in that clip.
Thanks for the demo.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:53 PM

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states, in part, in Title 15, United States Code, Section 2302, subdivision (c):

Under this federal statute, a manufacturer who issues a warranty on your motor vehicle is prohibited from requiring you to use a service or maintenance item, unless such item is provided, free of charge, under your warranty or unless the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) waives this prohibition against the manufacturer.

Further, under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.

Under the Magnuson-Moss Act, a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. If the dealer cannot prove such a claim — or it proffers a questionable explanation — it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty. The Federal Trade Commission administers the Magnuson-Moss Act and monitors compliance with warranty law.
The Magnuson Moss Act is available to read...GM document or not, what you said is still BS!..
I am not so sure it is "still BS!". If you read this portion of the quoted act,"unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty" , it makes it seem possible any company can add a clause stating aftermarket parts void the warranty... yes? no? Seems pretty clear to me.

I have not read the whole act so I am not positive.

Rob

Old 05-29-2007, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: rob85635

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states, in part, in Title 15, United States Code, Section 2302, subdivision (c):

Under this federal statute, a manufacturer who issues a warranty on your motor vehicle is prohibited from requiring you to use a service or maintenance item, unless such item is provided, free of charge, under your warranty or unless the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) waives this prohibition against the manufacturer.

Further, under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.

Under the Magnuson-Moss Act, a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. If the dealer cannot prove such a claim — or it proffers a questionable explanation — it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty. The Federal Trade Commission administers the Magnuson-Moss Act and monitors compliance with warranty law.
I am not so sure it is "still BS!". If you read this portion of the quoted act,"unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty" , it makes it seem possible any company can add a clause stating aftermarket parts void the warranty... yes? no? Seems pretty clear to me.

I have not read the whole act so I am not positive.

Rob
That is a really interesting point, wonder what it does mean exactly in regard to explicitly listed exceptions un the USA.

Quick Reply: GM Performance Dual Exhaust