PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

GM Performance Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Default RE: GM Performance Dual Exhaust

As someone else mentioned on the forum, the Magnuson-Moss Act protects you in most situations. Read it, download it and take it to the idiot service manager and let him explain why he said what he did. then ask him to accompany you to see the Owner / Manager of the dealership. Watch him backpedal.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states, in part, in Title 15, United States Code, Section 2302, subdivision (c):

Under this federal statute, a manufacturer who issues a warranty on your motor vehicle is prohibited from requiring you to use a service or maintenance item, unless such item is provided, free of charge, under your warranty or unless the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) waives this prohibition against the manufacturer.

Further, under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.

Under the Magnuson-Moss Act, a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. If the dealer cannot prove such a claim — or it proffers a questionable explanation — it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty. The Federal Trade Commission administers the Magnuson-Moss Act and monitors compliance with warranty law.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:29 PM

The only thing about GM exhaust the tip are separate so you have to weld them on the only cool thing about the tips they say H3 on them.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:33 PM

Call big C AT http://www.gstyle4u.com/.sc/ms/dd/H3%20Performance/932/GIBSON%20TWIN%20TIP%20CAT%20BACK%20SYSTEM%20^2F%20 06-07%20HUMMER%20H3

I know he ships to Hawaii

Old 11-05-2006, 05:35 PM

This is a good system.

[IMG]local://upfiles/111/3F7CA09C0CEA4018BE70E90F5EBFDDC0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-06-2006, 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: finskeeper

If I heard those answers, my H3 would be sitting on the dealer's doorstep with a request for a refund. Then I'd walk down the street and buy another one from someone who is not a 'control freak'.

In another post, I mentioned that I called my service manager to ask if I would have any warranty issues with a K&N CAI. "Heck no." was his answer and then he proceeded to explain all the reasons to install one.

Finskeeper, I wish I had that option, unfortunately being in the middle of the pacific and only having one Hummer dealer, they, in addition to many other businesses in town, have that 'take it or leave it' attitude. Just one of the things we have to deal w/ out here.

Thanks for the ammo cnynctry! I Downloaded it, Read it, I'm heading to the dealer sometime this week, I'll let you know what happens...

For some reason I keep envisioning a Seinfeld scenario - with some parts guy yelling at me from behind the counter. 'No Exhaust Fo YOU!'

[IMG]local://upfiles/1199/23134A0369F84406ACB883D1EE87C5D0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-06-2006, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: naluboy

If I heard those answers, my H3 would be sitting on the dealer's doorstep with a request for a refund. Then I'd walk down the street and buy another one from someone who is not a 'control freak'.

In another post, I mentioned that I called my service manager to ask if I would have any warranty issues with a K&N CAI. "Heck no." was his answer and then he proceeded to explain all the reasons to install one.

Finskeeper, I wish I had that option, unfortunately being in the middle of the pacific and only having one Hummer dealer, they, in addition to many other businesses in town, have that 'take it or leave it' attitude. Just one of the things we have to deal w/ out here.

Thanks for the ammo cnynctry! I Downloaded it, Read it, I'm heading to the dealer sometime this week, I'll let you know what happens...

For some reason I keep envisioning a Seinfeld scenario - with some parts guy yelling at me from behind the counter. 'No Exhaust Fo YOU!'

[IMG]local://upfiles/1199/23134A0369F84406ACB883D1EE87C5D0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-06-2006, 11:13 AM

Oops... just saw were you reside in your profile. In that case, you may want to delete your sig: "mods in progress".

BTW- Got a parking ticket in Lahaina on my last visit and hope they will file extradition papers to get me back! [sm=happybounce.gif]

Mahalo.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:59 PM

Oops... just saw were you reside in your profile. In that case, you may want to delete your sig: "mods in progress".

BTW- Got a parking ticket in Lahaina on my last visit and hope they will file extradition papers to get me back! [sm=happybounce.gif]

Mahalo.
Good idea! you can never tell whose on this thing.

Hey Fins where ya at? You could probably hitch a ride back in my canoe... after my trip to gmaccessories-direct to pick up my exhaust.[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 11-06-2006, 07:39 PM

I was kidding about the sig. I'm sure you planning to do it anyway, but "if it feels good, modify to your heart's content." Everyone's in agreement that there is almost a 0% chance that you are going to run into any warranty issues. Not much of any reason to put yourself in an advesarial position with the dealership 'before' a problem exists. My suggestion, just keep the ammo in your pocket till you need it, unless you blew it already!

I'm about as far away from the ocean as you can get in Kansas City, but I've been lucky enough to visit the islands 3-4 times. Pretty much my definition of paradise.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:01 AM

I was checking out the photo of the "touring" edition exhaust and thats deffinately and SMA motors tag on th back of that H3 so maybe the touring edition is by SMA and the standerd is by Borla dont know you guys that got dual exhaust any big gains on MPG

Quick Reply: GM Performance Dual Exhaust