PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Giving up with the "wave'

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 04:33 AM
Default Giving up with the "wave'

Again, I passed an H3 and waved and the driver gave me a weird look and never waved. I have yet to get a returned wave so I quit.
I remember a while back when I got my first Corvette, a 1959. After the first three Corvettes passed me and waved I caught on- until then I just thought I looked like someone they knew. They only made about 2500 59 Corvettes so it was both rare to pass one and we knew that we were driving an exceptional car so we had something in common - a love for fast cars. Corvette owners for the most part do wave, it is still an intense experience driving one and we share that common love and passion (for most of us).
I wonder if H1 owners wave more than H2 or H3 owners????? That is a very intense vehicle and made in Corvette quantities. Anyone know?
I even wave when I pass someone driving a car like my 85 Tempo beater- not too many babies like that around.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:21 AM
Default RE: Giving up with the "wave'

It pi$$es ya off, I know.Name:  angry2.gif
Views: 41
Size:  14.8 KB I still wave and only get about a 50/50 responce.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:45 AM

I think the reasonable cost of the H3 has flooded the market and you are not in the same old school situation. Maybe you dont get as many waves but I'll bet most Hummer owners notice when another Hummer is in within sight. I usually do anyhow...I'm not necessarily looking on purpose, it just happens.

If you wave at me I'll definately wave but I am from the south and southerners wave easily, even to strangers. Why? you ask. I am guessing it has it's roots somewhere in the whole southern hospitality thing.

[sm=gears.gif]

Old 10-30-2006, 11:18 AM

Old topic..But still the same frustrations

I wave at all HUMMERs and the ones usually driven by ladies and girls give a look like "who you flirting with?"

Old 10-30-2006, 12:27 PM

I grew up in Central Arkansas.. Middle of nowhere.. You saw another car coming down the road and ya just wave.. It's what ya do.. Moved to Memphis and I think went onto overload and got carpel tunnel before I figured out it was usless unless I was on the motorcycle...

Old 10-30-2006, 01:00 PM

Same story here in Dallas...

I have waced to a total of 8 hummers...with 0 responses. Now, granted, i am in Daallllasss, which thinks itself too cosmopolitan for such lower-class gestures. I don't see that many 3's...mainly 2's and SUTs.

I remember the first time I ever saw someone wave while driving...it was my granddad in Mississippi...we were coming back from hunting one morning and he would just lift his right hand (the other hand was smoking a cigarette), the one that was rested on the top of the steering wheel, and wave to the oncoming "traffic" which mainly included John Deere and Ford tractors. I started doing it as soon as I could drive. Don't do it much in the city anymore, unless I see a Hummer.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:39 PM

I honestly gave up last week. Now I just wave at Prius'

Old 11-01-2006, 01:20 PM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 11-02-2006, 01:14 PM

I'm in Arkansas - been a Jeep CJ and TJ owner for many years - many off road clubs - waving is 2nd nature to me.....not happening with the Hummer crowd - disappointing, espec. since I took a ton of crap from my jeepin guys about being a snob now! [8D]

When a 'stocker' jeep passed, sometimes they didn't wave....but all of us that were lifted, with winches on front, etc...they all wave....maybe it's because Hummers don't usually have a lot of obvious changes (agreed, not a lot is needed)

I'll prob. still wave, like the others from the south....it's just the right thing to do - there used to be a jeep t-shirt that said "wave, dammit"......maybe that's what we need.....lol!

Old 11-02-2006, 11:02 PM

More waves with the corvette than the H3

Quick Reply: Giving up with the "wave'