PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Give the peace of mind

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 02:05 PM

Don't worry about it, ours has over 125k miles since new and is one of the more reliable and best built vehicles that we've owned over the years.

The worst that I would say is that for a truck specific engine design, the I5 is not quite the industrial rated, abuse-proof tractor engine that I was hoping for.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:56 PM

Ah, the case of the "misinformed mechanic". People assume Hummers are expensive and expensive to own/maintain. Honestly, I think working on the H3 is great. It's just like the people think the H3 gets 8 miles a gallon. They are clueless and open theirs mouths before doing some searching for facts. Mine has been extremely reliable.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Default Nice!!!

Glad to see all these passionate replies!!! Make me feel good

@DagKana I wan't refering to my own issue, it's just that I heard from 3 different mechanic and car dealers that getting an H3 is a big mistake, after taking it from a test drive, I loved it although I must admit that parking it is a hassle due to its many blindspots.

I just wanted to see what u guys think about it b/c I got tired hearing from the ppl around me what a big mitake Ihave done.

I guess I'll see by myself !

Old 11-30-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
Ah, the case of the "misinformed mechanic". People assume Hummers are expensive and expensive to own/maintain. Honestly, I think working on the H3 is great. It's just like the people think the H3 gets 8 miles a gallon. They are clueless and open theirs mouths before doing some searching for facts. Mine has been extremely reliable.
Exactly. I get this a lot. When my sister found out she was riding in a sub-$20k vehicle, not a $40k one ('07 H3 Adventure - used price of course) she started talking about buying one herself when her Xterra needs replacing. Seems like most people would be shocked to hear they get nearly 20mpg and are no more likely to break down and no more expensive to maintain or repair than any other GM. I find this odd when haters also claim any hummer other than an H1 is just a re-badged Chevy.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by garnaout
I loved it although I must admit that parking it is a hassle due to its many blindspots.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade to a 7" touchscreen and add a rear view camera!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
Do yourself a favor and upgrade to a 7" touchscreen and add a rear view camera!!!
On my 07 I went with the rear view camera mirror. Tons cheaper and works better since our still using your mirrors. For me any ways.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:28 AM

how much would that cost?

can i install it myself?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:08 AM

George with your mechanical inclination, I would tell you just to get the one at Autozone, made by Peak, I believe its wireless and come with two different screens, you can do it in 30mins and be good to go!

Old 12-02-2011, 10:18 PM

Inclined??? You are talking to a guy who just fixed a car that 2 mechanics couldn't fix - With no help AT ALL lol

Peak/Rear view wireless back-up camera system with 3 1/2 in. built-in monitor (PKC0RG) | Back-Up Camera System | AutoZone.com

this looks awesome!! does it synch in with my existing mirror??

Old 12-03-2011, 07:18 AM

No that one would replace the existing mirror... So I would look into the cheaper kit and it comes w/ a screen that you could mount to the vents or dash...

Quick Reply: Give the peace of mind