PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Gas Quality being delivered to the station

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator
Default Gas Quality being delivered to the station

If you regularly get gas at a BP for example, and see that it's the BP delivery trucks delivering the gas instead of some general gas truck pulling into the station at some of the non-commercialized stations, can one assume the BP gas is filtered better or has better additives? I know LinusGump has talked about this before, but I noticed that some BP stations have generic trucks and some have the BP trucks pulling into them. Unfortunately where I live now there are only two gas stations within 5 miles of me, one is BP and one is Gas City. I pass by a Phillips 66 on the way to work and back, but noticed when I started going to P66 and Gas City (Gas City is a chain around here but uses generic gas, if there is such a thing) as opposed to BP which I normally do, I started to develop an engine knock when I don't give it enough gas (stick) or very very slightly when I idle. I'm not sure if this is because of the mixture change for the summer, or if it's because I switched brands.

I thought Linus could shed some light on that. I can't seem to find the thread he posted the explanation about it on.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Default RE: Gas Quality being delivered to the station

As I remember what Linus said..all the gas for your area comes out of one bulk depot, the individual name brand gas has certain additives put in with the delivery truck that goes to the stations,to make it special or unique..but the base gasoline is all the same, filtered the same, refined the same.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:47 AM

sounds like the dog food thing one manufacturer is supplying 100 different dog food brands but probably is the same except the bag looks different

Old 06-01-2007, 12:01 PM

I think that about sums it AZZ...

Old 06-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Administrator

when my dad's shop still had gas pumps, we received our gas from a company called guttman oil. i dont know if they are still in business or not. my dads shop was a mobil, then a citgo, then a BP, and the same people brought the gas the entire time.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 PM

They just added the specific additives to the bulk fuel before delivery to make it unique to Mobil or BP, etc..

Old 06-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, SURE they did............

Old 06-01-2007, 01:08 PM

Hey, I'm just repeating what Linus said....you callin Linus a BSer?

Old 06-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

uh no, i just said, uh, you are a great man

Old 06-01-2007, 02:03 PM

that's better...

Quick Reply: Gas Quality being delivered to the station