PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Funny thing happened at the gas station this morning...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Funny thing happened at the gas station this morning...

You are ALWAYS watching my back. Thank's baby (is that wrong?)

I should have NEVER re-opened that can, now I'll need a magnet to close it again

Old 02-13-2007, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

Should be fine. If it somehow makes it past the fuel tank filter, maybe the magnets on your fuel line will catch it
Alas, I have removed all magnets because they were actually causing me to get WORSE mileage then without them lol. I found that out the hard way, but DAMN they are strong. I even saw a news report where they tested the magnets and found in a few of the test cars they got 1 to 2 MPG less then without them. Go figure [:-]
That's cuz the magnets produced drag fromtheir attractionto all the parked cars being passed.[8D]

Old 02-13-2007, 07:51 PM

I have 4 or 5 of those little foil tabs floating around in theTaurus gas tank. [&:] Not a problem.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:46 PM

I dont know much about cars. Few of my friends own shops. Ive been told you dont put that kinda stuff in a car. Let alone a brand new H3.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:20 AM

Let me know if your fuel mileage goes up - I some extra tabs I can use in my tank.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:56 AM

ORIGINAL: skeeet

Let me know if your fuel mileage goes up - I some extra tabs I can use in my tank.
Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 34
Size:  1.8 KB

Old 02-14-2007, 12:05 PM

ORIGINAL: H3Head

I dont know much about cars. Few of my friends own shops. Ive been told you dont put that kinda stuff in a car. Let alone a brand new H3.
Your friends are wrong...You need something every once in a while to eliminate water and clean and lubricate the upper cylinder areas of the engine....And I don't care either if your friends think that gasoline has enough fuel system cleaner built in..that's BS too.

I use Redline SI-1 or BG 44K everytime I change oil or every 5000 miles..it's like a shot of penicillin for the engine

Old 02-15-2007, 05:24 PM

Unlessyou are using somethin like Chevron with Techron, or Shell with V-Power, you probabaly don't have any cleaner in your fuel, or at the very least a minimum legally required amount. Either way, it isn't adequate for proper maintenanc of your fuel system. sludge and varnish still build up and the harsh cleaners you add to the fuel will break those up. High concentration use, i.e. every tank, of these cleaners and additives can be detimental to the fuel system. Occasional use like what Dennis does is probably the best plan for that stuff.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:33 PM

Here's the question then.....What is the best and safest fuel additive to use? I never even considered using a fuel additive before, but I might if I can get a little more info on it.

Dennis, which of the two that you use is better?

If anyone else uses a fuel additive or has an opinion please weigh in!

Old 02-15-2007, 06:08 PM

Jaguar recommends BG 44K every 10,000 miles($22.00 a can) and Mercedes recommends Redline SI-1 every 5000 miles...I've only used Redline in the HUMMER so far...

I recommend not using any of the others... They are not the strength and as safe to useas these two products are.

Quick Reply: Funny thing happened at the gas station this morning...