PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

fuel leaking from solenoid at rear of inj pmp

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Default RE: fuel leaking from solenoid at rear of inj pmp

The truck is up and running fine. The bottom driver side nut wa a royal pain until I found my "sidewiner" retchet in my toolbox. I forgot that I had it. It is a ratchet driver that has a "T" at the end of the handle, which can be turned to turn the gears in the ratchet without moving the handle back and forth. This was a lifesaver. I bought the darned thing a few years ago just in case I had something like this. I still had to push the 3 extensions under the IP and lift the socket with magnet to get it to the nut. (Fun to do while kneeling on the battery tray at 290# bodyweight, and I just lost 20. )

When I first got everything bolted down and running, I noticed that the truck lacked power. The "Check Engine"light came on. I forget the code, but it was ageneric turbo code. I looked and found a vacuum linepulled out of the turbovac wiring harness. Afterreplacing this, it ran great. I'll still have to go and have the TDC code reset.

THANKS SO MUCH, MIKE!!!!!! Your help has been priceless!!!!

Doug

Old 05-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Doug glad you have it up an running again. Mike is down running the Baja 500 this weekend in his race Hummer. Might not post for a few days.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:34 PM

&lt\\;P&gt\\;Hello Doug,&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\; i am glad to see that you got her up and running. let me know if there is anything else that i can help you with in the future. keep my phone number and i will make you a H1 mechanic yet. LOL. &lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\; great job and good luck,&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&amp\\;nb sp\\; Mike S.&lt\\;/P&gt\\;