PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: SMA Brush Guard (Tahoe/Reno)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Default FS: SMA Brush Guard (Tahoe/Reno)

Well after some long thought, I've decided i like the look better w/o it. Its less than a year old and there aren't any dings/scratches. I don't think you can get these anymore either. They list for $650 and i'd like to get $550 for it. I WILL NOT SHIP IT. this thing is one piece and HUGE. I'll meet someone one as far as 1.5 hrs from Truckee, CA. I can also deliver it anywhere between Reno and San Francisco.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Default RE: FS: SMA Brush Guard (Tahoe/Reno)

Just so you are aware, these brushguards were available, along with the predator version which is actually what I have (not SMA as my incorrect sig states) for $499 retail. The predator version retails for $699 but I was able to get my for $279.99 on ebay, this from a Hummer parts place and their ebay store. I guess what I'm saying is you will be very hard pressed to sell a $499.99 dollar product that's no longer made for $550 bucks, regardless of what you paid for it. Especially consider the predator version is available at approx half that cost assuming you know where to look :-)

Don't mean to take a crap on ya or your sales attempt but 550 for a product the buyer can get for half the price, both parties needs to know this!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:02 PM

Zyne my brother....I think it is for an H3.......it makes a difference.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 AM

The predator version of that I saw on ebay forthe same cost I paida few months ago, I think March/April, LOL!The only reason I know this is because I almost ordered the wrong one LOL! Product listing was not exactly the best but luckily the product was :-)
The SMA retailed for $499.99 from Teaka as well I believe, at least at one point before they ran out of product. Just don't think a member potentially looking at making this purchase should do it when in fact the product is greatly over priced because the seller over paid himself .. shouldn't be "transfered" down on the resale and bite someone else in my opinion. Plus at a cost like that selling it will be difficult. At least now he has the option of dropping the price tag and stand a chance of getting rid of it. Just my .02 worth.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

Zyne my brother....I think it is for an H3.......it makes a difference.
This is correct, its for an H3

Zyne, if you can find me an SMA brushguard being sold at a price lower than mine... i'll change it.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:47 PM

Whether you change your pricing or not is nothing I'm concerned over. I just wanted to make sure the members here were aware that the pricing is elevated above and beyond what they retailed for while still available through for example Teaka Toys. They still list their H2 version for $499.99 and if I recall correctly the H3 version was a few dollars cheaper but not much.
Normally I don't do other peoples leg work but here's the link supporting the H2 price I mentioned above, http://www.teakatoys.com/Hummer_H2_B...a-10022100.htm. I'd recommend spending 2 minutes doing an ebay search as well.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:52 AM

Considering that I bought mine through Teaka... I'd have to disagree with you.