PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Front upper shock bushings

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Default Front upper shock bushings

I got some Bilstein 5100's delivered today so I decided to put them on this evening. I started with the driver side and completed that before starrting the passenger side. When I removed the passenger side I discovered that the upper bushingwas installed the opposite way the driver side was. On the driver side the sleeve portion was inserted from the top of the shock mount. On the passenger side the sleeve was inserted from below the mount making it a much simpler install. I assume the correct way is with the bushing in the "up" position but obviously I can't be 100% correct. Can someone confirm which is the correct position?

Also, I have finally decided I want to get off the factory rake. I don't want to go completely level either. What is the best course of action with the bumpstops? I think given that I am not going all the way level, the nose dive won't be as much of a problem. Can I buy the extended bump stops and cut them to length if need be?

Although the job was incredibly simple for the most part, I will be buying the service manual very soon so I don't have these type of issues when doing things in the future.

With my short trip down the road for the test drive the front feels awesome. Bump steer seems to be gone. I can't wait for my drive to work tomorrow and, more importantly, the rear 5100's to get here.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Banned

buying the service manual
u can download in 5 min 4 10-20 bucks

Old 03-22-2012, 12:11 AM

Man, why don't you have my # or at least email???

I could have sent you the page/pages from the manual or read it to ya!

PM sent!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 AM
Banned
Default copyright laws??

i would take a pix or scan the copyright quote in my paper manual,BUT, it states that it is forbidden to reproduce and send in any way,any part of the manual.
some guys sell copies?

id be much more concerned about the legal aspects of offering to copy the book than some who seem to view the law lightly. jfwiw

just buy a legal copy,you did pay for your hummer didnt you!!!,big bucks/little bucks.

my books were $170. ive seen what appears to be legal downloads on the web for 15-25 bucks,,,cheep