PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Front Pillar Covers for Hummer H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by drtom
ive not in 2 years seen a greater collection of thousands of words more unrelated to the original topic,or hummers in general.
wash your mouths out with back to black.
i hear u can get it on ebay.....
Sorry about that drtom! lol Some of us book writers need to use a LOT of words to get our points across!! Actually, that one poster was talking about Forever Black. I thought I'd give that a try. Anyone else have good experience with the Forever Black? I'm talking about for my bumpers, etc. I've already ordered the replacements for the outer mouldings.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
ive not in 2 years seen a greater collection of thousands of words more unrelated to the original topic,or hummers in general.
wash your mouths out with back to black.
i hear u can get it on ebay.....
Right, because your post was much more related, helpful and mature.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:43 PM

Yeah I have the same thing happening to my 2006 H3,
the black A pillars are fading to a light grey/white, looks horrible. but the top and back pillars are still a dark grey/black. strange.

I wonder why only the front pillars are fading.

Ill look for the stuff to put on it like some of the replies said.
I hope it works.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
I have a 2006 Hummer H3. The two front pillars (if that is what you call them) have faded very badly. These are the two pillars (black) on each side of the front windshield.

Living in the harsh Florida sun, it has faded them to various shades of gray and they look just awful.

Previously, when I did a search, all I could find was chrome covers for the BACK pillars (which still look fine). My problem is on the front. The roof lights black plastic area has faded as well.

Are there chrome covers or black covers for this? If not, can these be removed and painted? If so, what kind of paint?

Anyone else experience this same issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Wynter

Yeah I have the same thing happening to my 2006 H3,
the black A pillars are fading to a light grey/white, looks horrible. but the top and back pillars are still a dark grey/black. strange.

I wonder why only the front pillars are fading.

Ill look for the stuff to put on it like some of the replies said.
I hope it works.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:01 AM

Every H3 had this same issue. The two on my 2009 H3 with 15,000+ miles were faded darn near white and were replaced free under warranty. Every H3 that is still covered under it's 4yr/50,000mi bumper to bumper warranty can have them replaced for free. Hopefully the new plastic will hold up better to the sun.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:46 PM

My driver side looks like crap and I have an '09 with minimal sun parking. I'll wait till next year just before the 4year 50 runs out and get fresh ones.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by BlueH3
My driver side looks like crap and I have an '09 with minimal sun parking. I'll wait till next year just before the 4year 50 runs out and get fresh ones.
Why not get it replaced now, and then again right before the warranty expires

Old 08-07-2011, 08:17 PM

Because it's such a pain to deal with dealerships....I'm not even sure where to take my H3? I think the nearest Chevy dealer but I'll bet you for sure they will say, oh come back later we have to order the parts!

Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 PM

you should get it done, then we can swap and you can go back in and have them replaced again. Since mine just went out of the 50k. lol

Old 08-07-2011, 08:40 PM

I could not get my local chevy dealer to cover it under warranty. Had to drive 120 miles one way to my nearest (ex) Hummer Dealer. He said they always keep several pairs of them in stock at all times. They have replaced tons of them.

Quick Reply: Front Pillar Covers for Hummer H3