PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

fox shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Default fox shocks

Hey everyone well its time to switch out my shocks and wanted to know if anyone on this forum has purchased fox shocks for our h3 I've searched forum already and want to know how well they hold up and perform and ride quality from any one who has used them ur help is greatly appreciated .

Old 09-16-2011, 12:38 PM

Remote resi shocks are good, but you only really NEED them if you're doing a lot of offroading with quick suspension travel like desert bumps/baja'ing.

I'll say the same thing I've said more time than I count on this forum you'd but just as happy with a pair of Bilstein's.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by ava327
Hey everyone well its time to switch out my shocks and wanted to know if anyone on this forum has purchased fox shocks for our h3 I've searched forum already and want to know how well they hold up and perform and ride quality from any one who has used them ur help is greatly appreciated .
I've ordered a set of 4. Lots of research. More shock than I likely need, but the one I want.

I was looking specifically for a shock that would be a direct OEM replacement (no lift) but handle the kind of rocky terrain found on Drummond Island. Some wel respected folks I discussed shocks with stated the weak link in the H3 suspension was the shocks. I am confident that The Bilsteins would have met my needs, but felt the extra money for the Fox/Rod Hall/Samco shocks was worth it.

Fox has the order as I type this. Should have them in a few weeks.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Flash
I've ordered a set of 4. Lots of research. More shock than I likely need, but the one I want.

I was looking specifically for a shock that would be a direct OEM replacement (no lift) but handle the kind of rocky terrain found on Drummond Island. Some wel respected folks I discussed shocks with stated the weak link in the H3 suspension was the shocks. I am confident that The Bilsteins would have met my needs, but felt the extra money for the Fox/Rod Hall/Samco shocks was worth it.

Fox has the order as I type this. Should have them in a few weeks.
Let us know how they perform! I'm sure you won't be disappointed, they're great shocks, but like you said they are more shock than I need, which is why I went with the Bilstein.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:34 AM

Look forward to your feed back too, I have ordered Fox 2.0 piggy back also, expect arrival in a week or so, they will then be fitted and waiting for an engine and then testing, will post feedback when I get back in the dunes.....cant wait, but need engine first

Old 09-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Default Fox Shocks

I have fox shocks on the rear of my H3T that I bought from Ridge Demon. Have had them about 6 months and wheeled a couple of times with them. They ride well both on and off road. Not sure if this helps on the H3 but both are available.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:51 AM

Paid for shocks last thursday morning my time, they arrive today monday afternoon my time......from US to UAE, no hassels, Thanks Neil @ Downsouth Motor Sports www.downsouthmotorsports.com excellent service by e-mail and phone.... will install, test and report....Feels like xmas

Old 09-26-2011, 04:42 PM

If only they offered an extended length shock for leveled 3s drool

Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
I know of a company who is working on the Fox shocks with specific valving for leveled H3/H3T fronts. I don't expect anything too soon due to the extensive R&D that this company does when introducing a new product for the HUMMER world. If it isn't 100%, they won't sell it........they will prob have a package deal with the rear specifically valved Fox shocks they already have available for the H3 and H3T.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
I "think" Tim said that some drivers are using the Fox/Rod Hall/Samco shocks on torsion bar raised trucks with no issues. I am considering a mild 23.25" adjust and feel these will be fine.

Quick Reply: fox shocks