PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FJ cruiser side mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 12:07 AM

Good point, thought their site was the only one that offered them. Makes you wonder how hard it would be to fiberglass over a pair of those 80 dollar ebay covers and make a set for less than 200, lights included.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Old 04-14-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by mountainbiker
thanx man ... but i wasnt talking about that

i wanted to install something similar to thisName:  black-fj-cruiser.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  32.3 KB

Old 04-15-2009, 08:34 AM

Maybe your best bet is to pick up a set of the chromed slip covers for the mirrors, they are mostly made of ABS. This way you could sand them, modify em for your lighting needs, then glass em in and paint over them to finish things off. I'm not sure I see the need for a light in that area, but then again, there really isn't a need for the louvered hood insert on an H3 other than for looks either.

If you get something worked up, post a picture. I'm not a fan of the FJ's looks. But it holds its own offroad I guess. I would like to see what you come up with. If your thinking fiberglass is to much work, dont forget your going to have to drill and pull the mirrors and door panels just to hide the wiring. The door wiring boot is a plug and socket unit, so you will have to drill holes and add grommets there as well. Unless you tap power off something in the door or mirror area in the door panel itself. But I would be carefull there.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by BrickWurX Mfg.
Maybe your best bet is to pick up a set of the chromed slip covers for the mirrors, they are mostly made of ABS. This way you could sand them, modify em for your lighting needs, then glass em in and paint over them to finish things off. I'm not sure I see the need for a light in that area, but then again, there really isn't a need for the louvered hood insert on an H3 other than for looks either.

If you get something worked up, post a picture. I'm not a fan of the FJ's looks. But it holds its own offroad I guess. I would like to see what you come up with. If your thinking fiberglass is to much work, dont forget your going to have to drill and pull the mirrors and door panels just to hide the wiring. The door wiring boot is a plug and socket unit, so you will have to drill holes and add grommets there as well. Unless you tap power off something in the door or mirror area in the door panel itself. But I would be carefull there.

i was planning to make a hole in the stock mirror cover and buy the lights from a toyota work shop ... ur idea of getting a chrome cover and do all of that is so much work but its safe in case i missed up

definitely, i got them done i will up load some pictures